OT: LOST

denimboy

• Members
Amen, brother
:thu:

Liked the first series, halfway through series 2 it started sliding and has slid ever since.

I wasn't a big season 3 fan...but the end of it was amazing, and this 4th season so far has been incredible...except some of the acting (on the new people's part) I think is mildly {censored}ty and non-believable. But, this season so far has been nuts.

• Members

I wasn't a big season 3 fan...but the end of it was amazing, and this 4th season so far has been incredible...except some of the acting (on the new people's part) I think is mildly {censored}ty and non-believable. But, this season so far has been nuts.

yep

• Members

Wasn't it supposed to be a treatment for surviving the "explosion". I'm not quite sure when he did shoot himself but he did the emergency procedure thing.

No, it was supposed to be the treatment for "the sickness" that drove people crazy. I didn't realize we got an answer to that in last night's episode until just now. Nice!

• Members

awesome episode

Wasn't it Daniel who suggested that Jack go get Desmond from the beach? How did he know to get Desmond if he hadn't (yet) met him in the past?

They made it clear that Daniel has some sort of memory issues. In the season opener, there was a person taking care of him when he was crying watching the newscast of the discovery of 815. When the caretaker asked him what was wrong (because he was crying) he said "I don't know," but he was obviously having some sort of emotional reaction.

After telling Desmond about needing a constant, which by the way 'The Constant" was the name of the episode, at the very end of the episode Daniel looks into his journal and reads "If anything happens, Desmond Hume will be my constant" written in big red letters. My guess, putting the last two paragraphs together, is that Daniel is also suffering from something very similar to Desmond.

• Members

Do you think Daniel was suffering from it before he came to the island?

I think his experimental machine caused him to start having problems before he came to the island. I think he probably knows more about how the island really works than any other outsider

• Members

Do you think Daniel was suffering from it before he came to the island?

I think his experimental machine caused him to start having problems before he came to the island. I think he probably knows more about how the island really works than any other outsider

Yep. Remember that when Sayid called the guys on the beach, Daniel asked if Desmond had been exposed to a large amount of radioactivity or electromagnetic energy. Well, we know Desmond as subjected to a lot of electromagnetic energy when he turned the key inside the Swan station that destroyed it. But in Desmond's travels to the past, Daniel said that he was using large doses of radiation, which was the reason why he was wearing the lead vest. Desmond specifically mentioned "what do you do to cover your head?" and Daniel just gave him a sort of a dismissive smile. My guess is Daniel either eventually exposes himself to the radiation intentionally/accidentally, or that it has a cumulative effect.

I don't know if Daniel knows exactly how the island works, but I think he's mad scientist enough to figure out, which is why he's there in the first place.

• Members

Jeremy Davies as Daniel Farraday is awesome though...

Archived