Alex Lifeson Chorus?

petejt

• Members

A better question might be, "What songs didn't Alex Lifeson use chorus on?"
:confused:

Too true.

Granted, the first several albums don't have it, but then the album "Hemispheres" is dripping with it, as well as plenty of others that followed.

As far as his definitive chorus sound, he has several, at least, but I always found it more a matter of what chord voicings/arpeggiation styles he would use more so than the effects themselves.

I'm satisfied using a Boss CE-2 for a lot of his stuff, though I'm sure there are perhaps more authentic units.

• Members

What part of his career do you refer to?

He used phaser a LOT in the earlier stuff- set to low saturation, so it was difficult to tell until I tried it out on lakeside park, then it was like BOOYAH! nailed it.

Alex kicks ass

I don't know- whichever part had songs with slow phasey watery chorus.

Thanks for that info regarding the phaser, & Lakeside Park. I will check them out. :thu:

• Members

Too true.

Granted, the first several albums don't have it, but then the album "Hemispheres" is dripping with it, as well as plenty of others that followed.

As far as his definitive chorus sound, he has several, at least, but I always found it more a matter of what chord voicings/arpeggiation styles he would use more so than the effects themselves.

I'm satisfied using a Boss CE-2 for a lot of his stuff, though I'm sure there are perhaps more authentic units.

Hemispheres seems intriguing! Thanks! :thu:

Archived