XP-300 Spacestation

Stravinsky

• Members

If pedals were women, I'd own Wilt Chamberlain in the number I've been through.

I met the XP-300 Spacestation today and can't fathom where this pedal has been my entire life. I haven't even had a chance to run it through any mod/filter/delay stuff - just straight into the amp. The negation of tweak-ables didn't even phase me, 'cause I can't believe my f'ing guitar sounds just like a synth. B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L.

• Members

How much do these go for?

$250-$400, and the last time I asked, there is no plan to reissue them. If I ran a company, an evolved version of this thing would be the first thing I'd make, it is sick nasty. It'd be great if Digitech plunked one of these and a Whammy in a RP-200 unit, with knobs and patches. It'd be big, but it would be the most insane digital noise machine on Earth. I use to have one, it was pretty intuitive, it just needed a dedicated bypass switch above the patch pedals.

LOL at the last three "tv-sitcom-flashback" patches.

Anyone know what distortion he turned on half way through?

• Members

I had one for about a year and had a lot of fun just jammin on it, but trying to work any of the swells into a song was hard. It has a cool delay that goes from a normal delay, to no delay in the middle of the pedal sweep, to reverse with the pedal down. Another problem mine had was I had to calibrate it on almost a weekly basis. Save yourself some money and headaches and get the EX-7 for the synth swell stuff.

• Members

Guitargeek over at guitargeek.com has a pretty cool mod where it's all 4 of the XP series in one housing. You have to unplug it to get the next XP pedal loaded up, but it's a somewhat minor quibble for the convenience of having 4 of them in one.

Never used much more than the Space Station, and even then, I just didn't use it enough to justify keeping it. I used settings 3-7 the most, and while it had a cool glitchiness to it like a Whammy, I didn't think it was versatile enough to really be used as a synth type effect.

It seemed to ape Vangelis type swells, and even then, they weren't warm and inviting at all. Just wasn't my thing, I guess. Sincerely glad you're enjoying it!

Archived