I really want a Goatkeeper...

kyrreca

• Members

I dont know that there are many other pedals in the 20 or under total range so the rarity thing is more or less true but when the new one comes out theyll be readily available and the prices will be back to about $300. Some of you 'I wont pay $XXX for any pedal' people still wont get one but those who want it will be able to get them. Its a really awesome trem and I dont know if anything is worth waiting indefinitely for but when theyre ready everyone will be happy.

• Members

I dont know that there are many other pedals in the 20 or under total range so the rarity thing is more or less true but when the new one comes out theyll be readily available and the prices will be back to about $300. Some of you 'I wont pay $XXX for any pedal' people still wont get one but those who want it will be able to get them. Its a really awesome trem and I dont know if anything is worth waiting indefinitely for but when theyre ready everyone will be happy.

You think it'd be worth ditching my Empress and trying the new Goatkeeper? I've been hearing that the new Goatkeeper was coming out for awhile, what's the date? I do like what I've heard of it, but have been unimpressed with the build quality of previous LAL effects I've owned. I think for that reason I may just hang onto my Empress...

• Members
You think it'd be worth ditching my Empress and trying the new Goatkeeper? I've been hearing that the new Goatkeeper was coming out for awhile, what's the date? I do like what I've heard of it, but have been unimpressed with the build quality of previous LAL effects I've owned. I think for that reason I may just hang onto my Empress...

There's no confirmed date yet. I've emailed analoguehaven, which is the only seller i know about, and they didn't know anything. They don't have a waiting list either. :( I'll definitely try to get my hands on one, it looks so awesome. I'm prepared to pay $300-400, but a grand is a bit steep in my opinion. But as Nitefly said, there might be someone who thinks it's worth paying more than double the new price to get one without waiting.

• Members
There's no confirmed date yet. I've emailed analoguehaven, which is the only seller i know about, and they didn't know anything. They don't have a waiting list either.
:(
I'll definitely try to get my hands on one, it looks so awesome. I'm prepared to pay $300-400, but a grand is a bit steep in my opinion. But as Nitefly said, there might be someone who thinks it's worth paying more than double the new price to get one without waiting.

Thanks for the info!! Shawn is a great guy to deal with at analoguehaven :) I just checked my previous emails, and about a month and a half ago I asked him about the status of the Goatkeeper, and this was his response into the availability of the pedal: " I recommend that you pick one up (Empress) at the very least while waiting for the Goatkeeper to become available. It could be a long wait and you'll want something to use in the meantime."

• Members

but I'm not prepared to pay a grand for it.

Yes, it's unavailable at the moment, but v2 is on the way. Also, "only 20 ever made"? Is that correct?

Just relax! I also want one! But it is retarded to buy it for 600 Bucks when a new version comes out soon! Just keep your paypal loadet and wait! That is what i do...

• Members
I've worked on some of the updates and changes with Austin but I haven't heard from him in a month or two. I think hes just finalizing some hardware stuff with the new enclosures and cosmetics.

Cool. Can you reveal anything about the updates? On the layout on the lightfoot labs website, it seems that the wave shaper knob is gone. :confused:

• Members
Cool. Can you reveal anything about the updates? On the layout on the lightfoot labs website, it seems that the wave shaper knob is gone.
:confused:

The wave shaping is just integrated differently. There is expression control and CV out on the new one. Anything else is up to Austin to release info on.

Archived