OT: iTunes Help Please!

Clorox

• Members

Okay, so a few days ago my computer shut down. I investigated and found out that both the video card and motherboard were having some issues. I decided to just get a new computer because it would cost about the same as replacement parts. Now my iTunes library is completely empty and all my files are still on my old hard drive (I might not get a chance to move it for a few days). Is there a way to transfer all the songs from my iPod to my empty iTunes library? I can't seem to find one, but that would be really convenient.

• Members

I'm having ipod issues too, damn {censored}in thing. Now it says it is missing a file, it can't sync. No reason it should be missing anything, everything was working fine. Anyone know what I can do in this case? I'm not all that tech savvy with this stuff.

• Members

I hate to be that guy, but if you don't have an external hard drive and aren't consistently backing up your important files, be prepared to lose them.

Like I said, the hard drive is fine. I haven't had time to get it on my new computer yet and may not get to for several days. I'm trying to do it now while I have some time.

• Members
Okay, so a few days ago my computer shut down. I investigated and found out that both the video card and motherboard were having some issues. I decided to just get a new computer because it would cost about the same as replacement parts. Now my iTunes library is completely empty and all my files are still on my old hard drive (I might not get a chance to move it for a few days). Is there a way to transfer all the songs from my iPod to my empty iTunes library? I can't seem to find one, but that would be really convenient.

Get and external hard drive. Copy and transfer your "iTunes MUSIC Folder" to the external hard drive, once you connected it to your new computer/iTunes just drag all the music to your .......

you know what that would be so complicated..just download http://www.fadingred.org/senuti/ :)

• Members

I think I might just get a new MP3 player altogether. I can hear my ipod making funny noises, like the hard drive is damaged. SHouldn't be, I don't use it that much. I might get a new Zune from MS or maybe a Sony. $150 or less.

Archived