Pedal Makers and Samples of Products

dZjupp

• Members

It amazes me that is 2008 and still manufacturers can't make video demos of all of their products, showing and explaining each detail to their product. Do you think its their marketing scheme to make their products mysterious to us the consumers?

Thank God for people like the Uk Mike guy who does the best reviews imo, and for proguitar shop and the likes. I know EHX started putting out demos which are ok, but they don't show evrything they are able to do..

• Members

You'd think there would be more companies doing it huh. There are a few that do sound samples, but video would be great too.

I know for me, I'd like to see more video demos. There isn't a good music shop in my town so the internet is my friend for things like this. proguitar shop's videos have been great.

• Members

More companies provide clips and videos than ever. Most of them dont sell direct so they have dealers. The companies would rather you go see a dealer to try the product and get their skilled demonstration instead of providing 100% of the info there. Its really against their interests to divest all the info on a website.

• Members

More companies provide clips and videos than ever. Most of them dont sell direct so they have dealers. The companies would rather you go see a dealer to try the product and get their skilled demonstration instead of providing 100% of the info there. Its really against their interests to divest all the info on a website.

speaking of...

• Members

that is great, but when i walk into guitar center or whatever and the employees make you feel like a piece of {censored} for wanting to try a single pedal, then no you can't really completely test a pedal, not on a good amp anyway...i wish it was like it was like 12 years ago before the internet, i could feel fine at any store to try out whatever and even if i didn't buy it, they still didn't mind me trying it out

so what gives?

Archived