New Pedal Build day - Voetsek tremolo

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

if by "sound broken" you mean choppy and cut-up, it's supposed to do that, as most tremolos are.
;)

but if its the video itself that sounds weird, cant explain it. soudns fine here.

It's Robo, he's just busting your chops.

• Members

I really don't get these step filter pedals. All they do is make noise - the trem function itself is just there to be there, as far as I can tell. I would think maybe two, or three different depth trems would be cool, but I can do that if the trem has a tap temp or speed ramp switch. 8 or 16 or 4 different steps seems bizarre to me. I guess rock 'n roll has passed me by :idk:

• Members

Dear Mr. Cloud,

That is awesome. So much awesome. Congrats on getting it done.

Now you should design a 64-step microprocessor controlled sequencer that drives a built in twin-t (ala ooh-wah), or a built-in vibrato, or acts as an external LFO. :)

But seriously, great work.:wave:

• Members

Dear Mr. Cloud,

That is awesome. So much awesome. Congrats on getting it done.

Now you should design a 64-step microprocessor controlled sequencer that drives a built in twin-t (ala ooh-wah), or a built-in vibrato, or acts as an external LFO.
:)

But seriously, great work.
:wave:

64-steps... thats insane! a basic stamp could get it done, maybe, but it wouldnt be as much a pedal as it is a skateboard.

now then, for the future.

a simple delay who's delay time can be controlled by an 8-step sequencer for pitch-shifting glitch madness!

an upgraded version of my ringmod

• Members

cloudscapes: you're singlehandedly one of my favorite DIY forumites. everything you make is extremely unique in its execution, even if the technical 'idea' has already been done. this pedal is no different. congrats on your technical prowess!

but...change the paintjob! i know you probably worked really hard on it, but everything else you've made is geometrically minimalist and extremely applicable to the pedal. this just seems way too random/chaotic. just my $.02, but you're other original art for pedals is literally awe-inspiring.

• Members

cloudscapes: you're singlehandedly one of my favorite DIY forumites. everything you make is extremely unique in its execution, even if the technical 'idea' has already been done. this pedal is no different. congrats on your technical prowess!

but
...change the paintjob! i know you probably worked really hard on it, but everything else you've made is geometrically minimalist and extremely applicable to the pedal. this just seems way too random/chaotic. just my $.02, but you're other original art for pedals is literally awe-inspiring.

thanks for the praise! :) I dont deserve that much credit.

the paint is iffy. it's a GREAT paintjob.............. as "a piece of art", or whatever. it's nice to loo kat, but as I was actually using the pedal, it was a bit distracting. I'm gonna repaint it (sorry nitefly) but I'm goign to keep the same general idea, and the same main color palette. it's just goign to be much subtler and faded. the fluted knobs are definatelly staying!

• Members

... or you could sell it to me and build another one?

I doubt you'd want this one. it's so sloppy inside!

once I move to my appartment and set up a decent workshop corner, I think I'm gonna go ahead and build ONE more, just to see how painless or painful building something that has already been tweaked and patched to death like this one.

Archived