Overdrive -> Fuzz in 1 Pedal? Recomendations?

ianshaw

• Members

Have just finished grad school and have time to play guitar again after a long absence from the boards. I also have a bit of G.A.S. and some cash. So I'm working on a small board.

In terms of sounds: on my main board, I've been pretty happy with my non-modded Sparkle Drive for cleanish to tubescreamer-ish overdrive, and my Zoom Ultra-Fuzz for my fuzzy sounds. I prefer the more mellow fuzz sounds from this to the more metallic fuzzes the zoom can get.

I have room for 1 pedal on my mini-board. I would like something that can go from the overdriven sound to the mellow fuzz sound. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Ian

• Members

Black Box Inferno.

3 knobs.

one volume.

one compression/gain/volume.

one fuzz/volume.

very dark sounding fuzz.

great sounding when pushing tubes.+++

great mix tween low end fuzz + sparkly high (good mixture you get from this mother).

the original only need batteries.

• Members

Thanks for all the great replies! I've got a lot to check out.

The first two I'm looking closely at are the T-Rex Mudhoney and Cusack Screamer Fuzz.

The Blackbox Inferno sounds like it might be a good fit too. The Blackout Fix'd Fuzz looks really versatile - I'll listen to clips at home - but is it much more fuzz than OD? Yhe Crowther Hotcake is a cool idea, though maybe too much more OD than fuzz? If I'm splitting one direction or the other, I need to get closer to OD, so it is on the list.

I know the Pigstortion was the most recomended pedal, and I'm sure it's great. Based on pedal-board space mojo though it's not making the list. :freak: This is a SMALL board I'm trying to assemble - my footprint is a square laptop bag - about 1'x1'.

Many thanks,

Ian

Archived