NPD!!!

Crxsh

• Members

n161501268_31178547_6319.jpg

The Fuzz Factory is interesting. I'll have to spend some more time with it before I decide whether or not I want to keep it ... but I've managed to find some pretty sweet tones so far. It's only the 2nd fuzz pedal I've owned .... so I'm not exactly sure what to look for. It's kinda like my Mayo, but has a different flavor (and a ton of weird {censored} to boot). It's very unique.

The Behringer Octave I'm VERY impressed with so far. It doesn't track all that well, but for what I want out of it ... it's perfect. I just use it to loop simple basslines for practice/solo jams ... and it's flawless there. I'm VERY pleased with it.

• Members

FF kinda like Mayo? Not remotely.

I mean .... it is and it isn't. Fuzz sounds like fuzz to me still. I can tell the difference between the two, but it's still fuzz.

Like I said, when it comes to fuzz I've owned a Mayo ........ and now I have a Fuzz Factory. I'm a fuzz n00b.

• Members

Yeah. I still think they sound utterly different...yeah they're both fuzzes but they're about as different as could be. I think the FF is fun for about 20 minutes, then it's like...great...:freak:

I don't miss mine. It totally doesn't work in a band situation, unless you're playing industrial maybe.

• Members
Yeah. I still think they sound utterly different...yeah they're both fuzzes but they're about as different as could be. I think the FF is fun for about 20 minutes, then it's like...great...
:freak:

I don't miss mine. It totally doesn't work in a band situation, unless you're playing industrial maybe.

I think the fuzz factory can work great in a band situation.
Its one of those pedals. "what does [insert whoever] use to get that crazy fuzz sound?"

• Members

So I just spent about a half hour with the Fuzz Factory ... and now that I've got it figured out a bit ... I'm really diggin' it. At first, all I was getting was squealing, but after taming the 'Stab' control, I like it a lot.

• Members
Yeah. I still think they sound utterly different...yeah they're both fuzzes but they're about as different as could be. I think the FF is fun for about 20 minutes, then it's like...great...
:freak:

I've never desired a FF for that exact reason. Seems like a cool noise effect but it doesn't sound very musical or pleasant to my ears, strickly judging from clips I've heard, mind you. I've never actually tried one.

• Members

I've never desired a FF for that exact reason. Seems like a cool noise effect but it doesn't sound very musical or pleasant to my ears, strickly judging from clips I've heard, mind you. I've never actually tried one.

Uh.... after watching the Vex demo and the PGS demo ... I was pretty sure it was a musical device and not a toy. I mean, NOTHING I play needs a noisemaker, and so far, in the hour or so I've played it, I've found it to be pretty musical.

Now, keep in mind that this is on entirely solo usage. I haven't yet used it in a band scenario.

• Members

Uh.... after watching the Vex demo and the PGS demo ... I was pretty sure it was a musical device and not a toy. I mean, NOTHING I play needs a noisemaker, and so far, in the hour or so I've played it, I've found it to be pretty musical.

Now, keep in mind that this is on entirely solo usage. I haven't yet used it in a band scenario.

As with any effect, I'm sure it depends more on how it's setup and how its actually used than the effect itself. Any effect can be setup crappy so it sounds terrible.

• Members

Ok, I stand corrected. I just watched some of the proguitarshop.com demo and it does have some good tones. Most vids I've watched seemed to concentrate on the more extreme, wacky settings.

• Members

Ok, I stand corrected. I just watched some of the proguitarshop.com demo and it does have some good tones. Most vids I've watched seemed to concentrate on the more extreme, wacky settings.

I agree. I actually hate videos that focus on that stuff to try to sell a pedal or show how great it is. To me it seems more gimmicky and I sit there thinking, "When am I ever going to use that?"

Archived