Omg, I see why some people hate George L's

surfcat

• Members
Except that instead of quickly fixing it, you have to replace it altogether.

I always crack up when I see these George L's tard-ins. They're not that complicated to use. Read the instructions, and omg, maybe practice putting a few together before you start crying.

You're totally right man..
let me say this:

GEORGE L'S CABLES ARE INFINITE.

If it breaks, just unmount it, cut a centimeter and remount it. And you can do this in like 5 minutes.

So don't come here with your blablabla :blah: saying that george L's suck.
They have LIFETIME warranty by george L company ;)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have the Core X2 cable kits- I don't see anyone using them, but they work reasonably well, and aren't too expensive. Only issue I've had, is when I added my TU-2 pedal recently, the cable I made didn't work. I took it apart, made a different one, didn't work. Tried different connectors, still didn't work. Using a $5 hose, which works fine. Not sure why. All my other pedals are hooked up, and they works good. I need the flexibility to make my own, so regular cables won't cut it for me. I might try the Lava in the future, but I'm 90% happy with the Core X2 for now.

• Members
You're totally right man..

let me say this:

If it breaks, just unmount it, cut a centimeter and remount it. And you can do this in like 5 minutes.

So don't come here with your blablabla
:blah:
saying that george L's suck.

They have LIFETIME warranty by george L company
;)

lol i don't think it's unfair for a musician to appear on an internet forum to make a complaint about gear.. there's nothing infinite about gear.

correct, they have a lifetime warranty etc etc, but what use are they if you're playing on-stage and they fail? a lifetime warranty means nothing in this instance, and give no allusion to infinity at all:)

• Members

hmmmmmmmm...

cutting centimeter by centimeter should eventually get to an end.....

:thu:

not very infinity eh?

• Members

lol i don't think it's unfair for a musician to appear on an internet forum to make a complaint about gear.. there's nothing infinite about gear.

correct, they have a lifetime warranty etc etc, but what use are they if you're playing on-stage and they fail? a lifetime warranty means nothing in this instance, and give no allusion to
infinity
at all:)

You can remake the cables onstage fastly!

• Members

I use mostly LiveWires as they're cheap and durable. I have a couple Monster cables that I got at a pawnshop cheap, but don't really like those as much because the connectors are bigger. I need a few custom length cables for my board so I'm getting some george l's for that. hopefully there won't be any problems. I'm sure it's a matter of doing it right and following the instructions.

• Members

i have the lava cable solderless kit. its really good but you have to make sure they stay tightened. the screw comes loose really easily and if it gets too loose it will break the signal. bad stuff. you just gotta pay attention. great cables though. no other gripes. i like them more than my george l's

• Members
hmmmmmmmm...

cutting centimeter by centimeter should eventually get to an end.....

:thu:
not very infinity eh?

True, but the cable is pretty cheap, esp. at pedalboard lengths. So once you've got the plugs and a few feet of spare cable you need and a few feet of spare cable you're set forever.

• Members

You can remake the cables onstage fastly!

Seriously, I really don't have the intention to figure out which cable is actually {censored}ting on me while being on stage... and even if it can be done fast, remake them...

• Members

One advice, don't buy those silent cables. (the one where the signal only passes through the cable when you plug it in) They {censored} up every 6 months. Other people I know of have similar experiences.

I love the concept, but the connection screws up a lot.

• Members

who the {censored} would want to use cables that, when the fail and they will, can be quicky and easily fixed...would you buy any other item like that if there were alternatives...
george ls crap out...no matter how you cut them eventually they fail...
george l competitors have already beaten them...planet waves for example dont fail...I have a 100% success rate with them, I had 45% with George l's

• 2 months later...
  • Members

George L user for several years now. I am not kind to my equipment, and every week I always seem to be swapping different effects, cutting, splicing, etc....I never once had one crap out on me. I've tried other patch cables from fender and livewires which don't seem to last a year. You've got to be doing something wrong if you can't get these to last.

Archived