Urgent, Need help!! Can anyone reply, please??

vargazmo

• Members

I'm really frustrated cause I got this bunch of equipment that I haven't found a way to put all together. I am very influenced by David Gilmour, Steve Vai, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Joe Satriani, Santana, Iron Maiden and Megadeth. But More interested in making my setup kinda Gilmour's way of sound. My equpment consists in the following:

Peavey Max 100

Art SGX 2000 Express W/ Art X-15 FC

Digitech MM4 Metal Machine W/ FC

Korg A5 Bass MultiFX (for EQ and Colour)

Digitech RPx 400

Zoom 606

Distortion pedal (Korean Brand, Good for Sustain and tone)

Wah Wah Pedal (bought in Korea, pretty good)

Peavey bandit 112

Crate G60XL

Hiwatt Bulldog 50-R

• Members

Seriously.....

why would you want to run all this stuff together?

Art SGX 2000 Express W/ Art X-15 FC

Digitech MM4 Metal Machine W/ FC

Korg A5 Bass MultiFX (for EQ and Colour)

Digitech RPx 400

Zoom 606

4 amps, several guitars? :freak:

you mention 2 classical guitars....why? what do you mean by 'put it all together' ?? :confused: you want to run classical guitars through 4 amps and several multifx? :confused::confused:

• Members

you stole this stuff.

:lol:

I don't mean to be rude but it sounds like he just bought a load of stuff without thinking about any of it. :confused:

if you want gilmour tones, buy a decent hi-watt, a decent strat and a handful of pedals....done. :thu:

• Members

yeah ... my serious advice is to simplify. get one or two guitars, one nice amp and a few effects that will nail it instead of trying to tweak a ton of stuff that doesn't really fit the bill. melx has the right idea IMHO.

I dunno man... I'd like to offer some suggestions to help you out, but that's a rather unusual gear list to use simultaneously. I could see maybe using one - or even two - of the multieffect units simultaneously, with one or two amps (stereo effect / two amp configurations can be a lot of fun), but using three or four multieffects and three amps at once isn't the approach I would personally take.

If you're after Gilmour's sound, you have to play like him... and use a rig like his. Unfortunately, this isn't it. If you search here for info on David Gilmour's rig, you should find tons of posts here on Harmony Central with info on what he uses, as well as on other sites. Google is your friend. ;) Keep the Strats - he uses those. :) Maybe keep the Bandit and the Hiwatt, and maybe pick your favorite of the multieffects units, but I'd recommend selling the other items and using the proceeds to get gear that is more comparable to what he's using if you're really serious about getting similar tones.

• Members

yeah ... my serious advice is to simplify. get one or two guitars, one nice amp and a few effects that will nail it instead of trying to tweak a ton of stuff that doesn't really fit the bill. melx has the right idea IMHO.

:thu: Settle on one amp for your base tone, and use pedals to enhance the amp's sound. It's a far better approach than fighting the amp by trying to coax sounds out of it that doesn't come naturally to it. Identifying and staying within the boundaries of the amp (a Princeton Reverb will never sound like a cranked 50w Marshall halfstack, no matter what pedals you add) is the key to a good sound, IMO.

/Andreas

• Members

A lot of that stuff is just going to hinder you. Take a strat and run it into a nice fuzz pedal, into a delay, and into a nice tube amp. So, I guess I'm saying you should sell all that stuff and do that.

i second that there motion:thu:

"simplicity is golden"

bought a lot to end up with alittle.buy quility not quantity

Archived