Ampeg Jet II

• Members

I also dig the Ampegs. I had a 50w R-12R (1x12" Reverberocket combo) and it SMOKED :thu: I got some JJ's from Eurotubes and a Weber 12F150 of some sort (whatever he suggested) and it was incredible. I sold it though because I live in an apartment in Chicago and a 50w tube amp is much too loud to properly enjoy. I only paid $300 for it a few years ago. I want it back... :cry:

• Members

I had one of those for years.Great amp.
I thought it sounded more like my AC15 than my AC30 when I had them.
I played coveirs with a light handed drummer & was constantly told to turn DOWN.
So you should be fine.If you realy need more clean headroom you can get low # power tubes & replace the driver with a 12at7 or 12au7 but it shouldnt be nessesary.
I'm pretty sure you can have a tech hook the verb/trem to the low input jack & use a standard switch.

If its $250-300 I say jump on it.
Theses amps are pure :rawk:

I need to get another one.

• Members
I had one of those for years.Great amp.

I thought it sounded more like my AC15 than my AC30 when I had them.

I played coveirs with a light handed drummer & was constantly told to turn DOWN.

So you should be fine.If you realy need more clean headroom you can get low # power tubes & replace the driver with a 12at7 or 12au7 but it shouldnt be nessesary.

I'm pretty sure you can have a tech hook the verb/trem to the low input jack & use a standard switch.

If its $250-300 I say jump on it.

Theses amps are pure
:rawk:

I need to get another one.

thats good to hear. i happen to be a tech so i could probably mod t as such if i saw the need to. we shall see.

Archived