rv-3 vs. rv-5

Woody777

• Members

I don't need the delays on the RV-3 and I think I would much enjoy the modulated reverb on the RV-5. It seems like the RV-3 is the fave here on the board, what makes it better than the RV-5 if it's not just the delay/reverb combos?

• Members

I have the RV-3 right now, using it as my main delay.

I can tell you that if you don't have any use for the delay part of the pedal, you are far better off picking up a Holy Grail or Verbzilla for dedicated reverb use.

• Members

RV-3 can get a huge sound when you're using it on the reverb/delay mode.

but the actual reverb is not so big compared to the RV-5.

thats what i found in my experience as well. the rv3 is a good pedal though.

i use my rv5 for some light background reverb to thicken my sound up and add some space, and then i pair it up with my re-20 for the ultimate in spaciness. amazing combo.

• Members

Shameless spam :idea:

I had to fiddle with the RV-5 a lot in order to get the settings I really wanted. Once I got them though, I did rather enjoy them. I ended up with a holy grail because i liked the simplicity of it. Only bad thing about it is volume drop when it's engaged. A mix knob mod would be killer.

• Members

Shameless spam
:idea:

I had to fiddle with the RV-5 a lot in order to get the settings I really wanted. Once I got them though, I did rather enjoy them. I ended up with a holy grail because i liked the simplicity of it. Only bad thing about it is volume drop when it's engaged. A mix knob mod would be killer.

A volume drop on the RV-5?

• Members

And Tatoi... it was your clips that made me want an RV-5 and made me punch myself in the crotch for selling my PS-3.

haha thanks:)

the RV-5 can hurt your ears sometimes, but you can just turn down the tone knob then.

I use modulation mode and have all the knobs on max except the tone.

and here's an awesome clip by angelhair

[YOUTUBE]yVZIqKIHvCY[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

Thanks for posting this Woody, I'm in the exact same boat as you. I have a DD-20 and I'm trying to decide between the RV-3 and RV-5. I think I'll go for the RV-5 and save the RV-3 for someone who needs the delay on the same pedal.

Of course I'll try the rv-5 again in the store before I buy just to be sure:thu:

Archived