how do i get b.b. kings tone?

maor1993

• Members

okay first of all don't spam.

im asking this question because i really love the tone that was used on how blue can you get and im allmost sure that the tone is dialed on the guitar and is not amp realated or stomp box becuase i heard that tone on the solo of seek and destroy.

any way got an idea?

• Members

@avapxia
i have humbuckers :D
what posstion to put the pu slector?
and what about the volume knobs?
@jasonfuzz
im not sure its the hollow-body,
again i heard the tone on seek and destroy solo and another guy and he used a tele

• Members

B.B.'s tone is all in his fingers. He's used a bunch of amps over the years and even a bunch of guitars (early years). If you listen to the really old stuff to the new it's all B.B.. He could pick up a 7 string Ibanez run through a Krank and sound like B.B..

• Members

You track down the long-discontinued Lab Systems amps he plays - they are a HUGE part of the sound he's been getting for many many years now. Yes he's instantly recognisable whatever he plays, but if you've heard anyone play BB-ish licks on a Lab Systems amp, you know it's a major component of the actual tone he's been using live for some time. I think I've seen one on eBay once ever, and one other in Denmark St in London many moons ago (when I heard it)

• Members

okay first of all don't spam.

im asking this question because i really love the tone that was used on how blue can you get and im allmost sure that the tone is dialed on the guitar and is not amp realated or stomp box becuase i heard that tone on the solo of seek and destroy.

any way got an idea?

Isn't Seek and Destroy a Metallica song?

Archived