How do you all get a pedal to such as delay(osscilating) to be in background?

• Members

I was wondering how I can get delays to osscilate or other sound textures to be played in the background of my guitar playing without effecting the background sound...Hopefully you all can understand what I'm getting at. It is hard to explain. I'm just looking to create a larger soundscape with more noise and its hard beginning to learn noise and such. Thanks.

• Members

Sorry man. I have a DMM and it does feedback but I'm guessing you're meaning trails such as a dl4 does. The trails fade out though...Can you set the feedback up infinitely til you want to kick it out I guess? What pedal does this by the way?

• Members

No need to be sorry. :p Sorry I may have come off rude. Didn't mean to.

Yeah, pretty much. Trails as in you turn off the delay pedal, but the delay signal is still going... so you set up your oscillating delay, get it to oscillate (or maybe just on the verge... so it kind of chills out at the same volume), click your delay pedal off, and viola! you now have a nice texture (or whatever) that is going on behind your playing.

Actually, my dd-20 did this on the analog mode (didn't oscillate, just repeated for a long time). I'm assuming something like a boss dm-2 or ibanez ad-80 can do this. Not positive, though.

• Members

with my re:echo i can set it to oscillate real wild and then turn the level knob down to play over it. it keeps going and i can be heard clearly over it.

this video at 2:40 shows what i think you are trying to attempt?

But isnt the thing you are playing getting oscillated since you're still playing through the pedal?

• Members

my b.

answer to greenweenie-no it does not. i don't know if this is jut a little glitch on the re:echo or something but i can clearly play a melody or something with the oscillation's white noise in the background fine. basically in the same vein as that youtube video.

• Members

try a boss LS-2 or barge concepts VFB-2 - have a noise oscillating in the loop but put a volume or eq before the noise pedal to ensure your guitar signal isn't constantly going through it.

then you get pure oscillation/noise in the loop and your clean guitar signal. then just blend the two together. only need one amp for that..

• Members

+1 here for the Echo Park. If you leave the trails on in analog or tape mode it will oscillate forever while you can play over the top clean as.

Brilliant pedal, the Echo Park. Deserves way more respect.

:thu:

Archived