I want another guitar.

mrweems

• Members

And i can't decide on what in the hell to get..

I don't want to spend alot.

But I have a major hard on for a Classic Player Jazzmaster.

But i also would like another telecaster with a humbucker on it somewhere.

What to do?

{censored} you gas..

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Nothing wrong with Jazzmasters.

I know.

But i just saw bart dudes rig. And my jaw just droped... Hard.

Jazzmaster has been on the back of my mind for a few days.

I almost bought one back in march but there was a waiting list.

I'm buying something here in the next month. Jazzmaster would definately be a different twist on my sound though.

Black or Sunburst though..

• Members
And i can't decide on what in the hell to get..

I don't want to spend alot.

But I have a major hard on for a Classic Player Jazzmaster.

But i also would like another telecaster with a humbucker on it somewhere.

What to do?

{censored} you gas..

You need some P90s. http://cgi.ebay.com/Stadium-Semi-Hollow-Body-LP-Style-Electric-Guitar-P-90_W0QQitemZ260248510834

• Members

You should have just bought the Jazzmaster you got hooked up with before.

Yeah, it was a nice deal. But i was impatient. And wanted something at that point in time. I'm not dissatisfied with my choice.

It definately would have been pretty tits to get a AVRI Jazzmaster in white for the price i was given.

• Members

I know.

But i just saw bart dudes rig. And my jaw just droped... Hard.

Jazzmaster has been on the back of my mind for a few days.

I almost bought one back in march but there was a waiting list.

I'm buying something here in the next month. Jazzmaster would definately be a different twist on my sound though.

Black or Sunburst though..

Yeah, no doubt. That pic with the butterscotch Tele and that perfect PT-Jr board? Totally hot.

I'm contemplating selling my current Tele for a Nash T-50. I want SO badly, but I love my current Tele already and can't justify having two of almost the same guitar.

• Members

Yeah, no doubt. That pic with the butterscotch Tele and that perfect PT-Jr board? Totally hot.

I'm contemplating selling my current Tele for a Nash T-50. I want SO badly, but I love my current Tele already and can't justify having two of almost the same guitar.

I just really love the telecaster design and its such a beater. You can beat it and beat it.. Stays in tune and plays great.

But there is that always haunting desire for a jazzmaster.

• Members

I just really love the telecaster design and its such a beater. You can beat it and beat it.. Stays in tune and plays great.

But there is that always haunting desire for a jazzmaster.

Well I guess it's all about finding a guitar that speaks to you. Go play a few Jazzes and see if any of them peak the desire.

Normally I'd be biased with all my Tele love but a black Classic Players Jazzmaster with a tortoise shell guard is on my to-try list.

• Members

Well I guess it's all about finding a guitar that speaks to you. Go play a few Jazzes and see if any of them peak the desire.

Normally I'd be biased with all my Tele love but a black Classic Players Jazzmaster with a tortoise shell guard is on my to-try list.

Oh no man you have to understand.

I have almost bought 2 jazzmasters. I just don't want to shell out more than $700 on a guitar..

I just don't know if i can justify the $1000+ on the AVRI, but now that the MIM ones are out that changes everything.

But like i said, i love my tele. And just, with owning one tele. Would it be kind of lame to get another one when you could get something different?

• Members
Oh no man you have to understand.

I have almost bought 2 jazzmasters. I just don't want to shell out more than $700 on a guitar..

I just don't know if i can justify the $1000+ on the AVRI, but now that the MIM ones are out that changes everything.

But like i said, i love my tele. And just, with owning one tele. Would it be kind of lame to get another one when you could get something different?

Nope. Teles are neat cause it's so easy to get another one that is completely different yet still Telecasterish. One of my favourite ones that aren't made anymore are the Telesonics, with the Filtron pickups and the Jr. guard:

tele-sonic_002.jpg

Even then though, you still get the beater feel of a normal Tele. Fenders are great like that in how there are so many variations of the same thing, so it never gets old. I have two, and they don't seem the same to me at all.

Oh, and btw.. I probably should have included that I meant to go try one of the newer MIM Jazzmasters. Whoops.

• Members

Thats hot, i bet it sounds killer with the filterons.

But yeah, i just posted what i'm looking at in the tele depatarment in the jazzmaster thread i made.

Basically i want a thinline and a tele with a hubucker in the neck..

And a jazzmaster.

Archived