Alternative amp to orange ad30

Jbrazz

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

nothing really has the darkness of an orange along with the growl. add that with the relatively low wattage of the ad30...

I was about to say the same thing.

I've yet to come across an amp that sounds anything like the AD30. It really is a unique sounding amp.

Weather you like them or not, they definitely have their own vibe.

• Members

The clean channel on the Marshall JTM30 is glorious. Its kind of a rare amp though because they didn't make that many and they only made them for 3 years back in the 90's. They're kinda hard to get, but there's always one or two on ebay. It's got really great dark dynamic cleans. Its got my favorite cleans on any of my amps, including my Twin clone.

Oh yeah its a combo though I think they did make a 60 watt head version. JTM60.

• Members

Who's radio11 and why is everyone calling me that?

oh i see your the guy that bought radio11s stuff he was selling, just before he left.

Then you decided to post that exact same stuff in the spam thread.

Sorry for misunderstanding.

• Members

umm, yeah i said i didnt want a combo that was just once reason i was getting rid of my vox, and i was looking for an alternative, not the same thing.

thats for all your input, ive been thinking mroe and mroe about it and i think i may just go with the ad30 head with orange cab, it will be a lot of money, but i think worth it.

• Members

I still think its a huge step to get an orange ad30 just for portability and mid voiced cleans. Try out more amps at your store.

If you're really set on it though, I would just save up a bit until you can afford it without selling your pedals. Also, make sure you'd have more than enough cash once you sell the vox to hop on it right away, so you don't have to fall back onto a 10 watt ss practice amp, or whatever other amp you have, for a month.

• Members

im down sizing anyway.

i started even before i wanted a new amp.

im down to a rat and my re-201,

will be add either a dm-2/3 or a vb-3 and a goatkeeper.

and thats all i plan to have.

there just something about the ad30,im not sure but its the best amp ive ever played.

Archived