Any love for DigiTech

• Members

i wanted one of these for wa while, purely for the space station setting.
I may still get one at some point.
I'm sure a few people have one?
I think its this video that Michael Thompson is demonstrating one of his boards and demos that pedal.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUReeMXUWt8

Here he is witha different board.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWfF9NwVK3I&feature=related

• Members
i wanted one of these for wa while, purely for the space station setting.

I may still get one at some point.

I'm sure a few people have one?

I think its this video that Michael Thompson is demonstrating one of his boards and demos that pedal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUReeMXUWt8

:thu: wow... this is great! Though, it's a drag that he didn't demo the dirt sounds

• Members

I like it a lot. I bought it to replace my whammy and it ended up replacing my wah too. It's now the only expression pedal on my board, and I think it works very well for what it does.

BUT switching can be a pain in the ass, so I recommend to put it in a TB loop and leave it on, so that you can basically stomp it on via the looper and then control what you need to control with the expression pedal. ALSO, its not easy to change settings live, which you have to do if you want to say use the uni-vibe sound on one song and then a whammy sound on the next and then a leslie on the next, etc. You need to get familiar with it and know how to use it.

But yeah, overall, I say a great deal.

• Members

I love mine. I had it in a mini looper for a while, buti noticed there was no change in tone with it in the loop or out........so now it's in my signal chain. It has a great buffer.

I use it for wah, the octave up whammy sound ( only whammy interval i use )...and the space staition volume swells, which is a KILLER effect and turns heads at gigs. I use the flange patch as well on a slow sweep and it sounds very much like the ADA I owned years ago. The leslie and vibrato patches are cool - I just dont use them.

Whats cool is you can set every knob at about noon and every patch sounds good and usable ( I think they designed it this way )....I switch patches with the FX 300 footwswtich now so i dont have to bend over and get {censored}ed up the ass by our singer anymore.

Here's a picture of it on my board ( because i love showing off my board ):

IMG_2926.jpg

• Members
I like it a lot. I bought it to replace my whammy and it ended up replacing my wah too. It's now the only expression pedal on my board, and I think it works very well for what it does.

BUT switching can be a pain in the ass, so I recommend to put it in a TB loop and leave it on, so that you can basically stomp it on via the looper and then control what you need to control with the expression pedal. ALSO, its not easy to change settings live, which you have to do if you want to say use the uni-vibe sound on one song and then a whammy sound on the next and then a leslie on the next, etc. You need to get familiar with it and know how to use it.

But yeah, overall, I say a great deal.

yeah i got mine for the whammy and space station effects. i a-b'd it with my old whammy and couldn't tell a difference. it has a better bypass than the whammy too.

it is kinda tough to switch, i've been thinking of a looper as well. i NEVER use the distortions, and it's still definitely worth it to me. i use the whammy, space station, wah, plain-ol' volume pedal regularly, and even some of the other modes just messing around. i made a slight profit after buying this and selling my whammy...totally worth it :thu: granted, i only used the octave up, down, 2 up on the whammy.

here's a pic of mine on my new board (not wired here obviously)
IMG_1040.jpg

• Members

I've had one of these for about a year and a half and I really enjoy it. I mostly use it for the space station setting but sometimes I also use the flanger mode. The sound quality is quite good to my ears and its a fun pedal to mess around with. The only thing I don't like about it is the switching. Sometimes it can get finicky and lose its calibration. I bought the external switch to combat this issue. The heel switch seems to work better than the toe switch IMO.

• Members
cheers guys
:)
this is exactly the info i was looking for. I know it's not great for changing mid song but isn't there a seperate switching pedal available ?

Yes there is, that's the external switch I referred to above. You can use it to switch between distorted/clean modes and to scroll through the 7 expression models.

• Members

I've had mine for about a week now. The space station is {censored}ing killer. I haven't really tried the distortions much yet. All of the effects sound pretty nice. I really like the leslie setting, I use it the most of the settings. The whammy only has seven modes but the mix knob is a great feature. The vibe is decent too. The A/DA flanger mode is good for getting some of the same sounds as the real thing, but definitely not all of them.

• Members

Space Station :-)

The placement in your chain is a problem - some are upstream (pre-amp)effects, and some down in the effects loop. With the Cab modelling as well, it was obviously intended to be a solo pedal in a PA loop to do lots.

The pedal travel is a bit short for subtle use, and as mentioned previously, it doesn't remember settings between modes.

It is on my board and staying there.

• Members

Space Station :-)

The placement in your chain is a problem - some are upstream (pre-amp)effects, and some down in the effects loop. With the Cab modelling as well, it was obviously intended to be a solo pedal in a PA loop to do lots.

The pedal travel is a bit short for subtle use, and as mentioned previously, it doesn't remember settings between modes.

It is on my board and staying there.

would the univibe,leslie and whammy go after a pre-amp ? and the wahs and flanger go before ?

Archived