ok, why is it that my Boss Dirt Pedals sounds great by themselves AND with a battery?

seifukusha

• Members

i can understand not being linked up with other pedals but my BOSS HM-2 and DF-2 sounds really good by themselves. I was going to chuck the df2 but somehow, i like it by itself.

Anyone get what im saying, maybe im saying it clear enough..

just strange though.

• Members

I think the HM-2 sounds different with a battery because it is very responsive to the battery's life. On a low battery mine gets very glitchy and fuzz factory like. Fully juiced, it sounds like it does with an adapter but only for so long.

I haven't experimented with the DF-2.

• Members

hmm..my hm2 souds like an ocatve up fuzz with an adapter.. i like it much better with a hm-2. why do you think that is? yours doesnt sound like an octave fuzz tih an adapter?!? hmm

Honestly the HM-2 is one of the weirdest pedals I have ever used. It won't work with some adapters, and it reacts to battery's life, might be a voltage thing.

With an adapter my HM-2 sounds marshally.

Also if I run any gain pedals into my HM-2 and have my neck pickup of my strat on, it turns into a crazy sounding velcro fuzz. I don't understand why at all, but it sounds badass.

• Members

Boss Dirt Pedals sound great

wait, what?

but i heard they suck tone? :confused:

don't all dirt pedals sound better with a battery? they do i'm my experience.

I don't think the difference is huage like, not enough to avoid using a PSU if there's one on the board already.... but i do prefer fuzzes with batteries.

Archived