OT: Miss Clueless 2007

bruto

• Members

.......so it makes me dumb ass

not neccessarily. you could be mathematical genius with no sense of geography. Geography, alone, is not a gauge of intelligence.

one thing I would point out though: its not like you specified 3 cities no one has heard of. You stated the names of *major* cities. A lot of people cant find all of those, sure, but a lot of people also couldnt even point to their *home fecking town*. I consider THAT dumb ass.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So, I just tried it on google maps. Nailed SF, was right but not confident about Washington, missed Baltimore by a little--chose Newark instead.

That was actually pretty hard and I love that sort of spatial geography. I'm always drifting off into google world to explore, especially near where I live.

• Members

On a serious note..I can point out Baltimore, since I live there, and obviously I can point out DC and NY..and a lot of major megalopolises, I even know rest of the world, including all the of Europe. I would categorize this as general knowledge.

General Knowledge of World Map - Is it general knowledge and fundamental knowledge that every 15 year old should have, or is it something that can be regarded as secondary knowledge of some usefulness ?

• Members

My personal opinion navigating World Map- it basic and fundamental knowledge that every high school student should know.

But considering the statistical fact that only one out five knows location of US, we can consider this knowledge as important, but not crucial.

In fact, I have read that in easter european countries, some percentage of population thinks that earth is flat, even though geography is subject that school students must take every year.

• Members

I think every student should be forced to take anatomy and geology. At least that way, when they get out into the "real" world, they might be able to tell their ass from a hole in the ground.

Now in this chick's instance, it's a nice ass from a hole in the head.

• Members

I think every student should be forced to take anatomy and geology. At least that way, when they get out into the "real" world, they might be able to tell their ass from a hole in the ground.

That is humor. I recognize that.

• Members

we really really dont need any more of her.

or americans, for that matter. Myself included.

No need for the self-hate. There are plenty of dumb asses in Europe too, I assure you. A lot of that "dumb American" stuff is born out of jealousy from other countries simply because they're not the ones with the power. They have plenty of equally stupid people.. but they're less likely to speak good English, so you don't hear their voices.

In the UK's case, beyond Gordon Brown, I doubt the majority of people would even recognize most other senior politicians, much less what they do, and probably couldn't point out where major UK cities were either. The "stupid American" thing doesn't stand up to much scrutiny because stupidity is universal :)

• Members

No need for the self-hate. There are plenty of dumb asses in Europe too, I assure you. A lot of that "dumb American" stuff is born out of jealousy from other countries simply because they're not the ones with the power. They have plenty of equally stupid people.. but they're less likely to speak good English, so you don't hear their voices.

In the UK's case, beyond Gordon Brown, I doubt the majority of people would even recognize most other senior politicians, much less what they do, and probably couldn't point out where major UK cities were either. The "stupid American" thing doesn't stand up to much scrutiny because stupidity is universal
:)

^ trut :idea:

• Members

In the UK's case, beyond Gordon Brown, I doubt the majority of people would even recognize most other senior politicians, much less what they do, and probably couldn't point out where major UK cities were either. The "stupid American" thing doesn't stand up to much scrutiny because stupidity is universal
:)

Ah yes - we in the UK have to put up with talentless ugly dumb asses such as the pig that is Jade Goody who thought Cambridge is in London...

goody.jpg

Drinking a glass of wine with Spencer to celebrate her 21st birthday, Jade said: "I thought Cambridge was in London. Where is it then? Is it in Kent? I knew it was in England but I thought it was in London."

When Spencer told her that Cambridge was in East Anglia, she said: "East Anglia - that's abroad!"

At least Miss South Carolina looks shaggable!

Archived