OT: Miss Clueless 2007

bruto

• Members
In her shoes at 17 I would have made like Flounder in Animal House and puked on the host.

Me too.

"Lizard licks....his eyeball"

mm-kay.

It's this kind of thinking that makes the movie "Idiocracy" the reality that it is.

Not at all. I'm not saying she didn't screw up, not saying she isn't dumb, not suggesting it's OK for television to aim for the LCD; I'm suggesting you consider your motives for responding to this thread's call to ridicule.

your just sayin that cause ya want to do'er

Partially true. ;)

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm suggesting you consider your motives for responding to this thread's call to ridicule.

I thought I did just that with the Idiocracy comment. In case I need to spell it out more clearly:

As one human watching another going through an embarrassing situation, I feel bad for her. As a person who sees how the internet has now made it possible for things like this to spread world-wide instantly, I hope she has the strength to not let it have a permanent negative effect on her. As a person who sees the erosion of our country due to glorification and/or coddling to lack of intelligence, I think her "answer" is an illustration of what we should not have our daughters aspire to be. So see, I was well aware of what my motives were before you decided to show me the light.

• Members

for god's sake, she is just blond !!!!

I got used to people stupidities, some would start blaming US education, or for better lack of geographical education US schools, some will start blaming americans ..just because there is general consensus that americans are dumb asses anyway ...

My opinion -- she is an average person, with average IQ.

Thought, it is sad fact, she doesn't know where is her country

But give me a blank geophysical map of US and ask me where is Baltimore, Washington, & San-Francisco, I wouldn't able to point them out.

• Members

But give me a blank geophysical map of US and ask me where is Baltimore, Washington, & San-Francisco, I wouldn't able to point them out.

Really? I could, and I'm Canadian. Not convinced that this is actually useful knowledge, but there you go...

As to the girl, who cares? Most 17-year-olds are deeply ignorant of the wider world, and so they should be unless they have international ambitions or responsibilities. Americans, because they are responsible for electing US presidents, actually do have international responsibilities. But not until they're 18. By then, I would hope they at least know who they are busy saving (aka dropping bombs on) this year and more-or-less where those people would be.

• Members

for god's sake, she is just blond !!!!

I got used to people stupidities, some would start blaming US education, or for better lack of geographical education US schools, some will start blaming americans ..just because there is general consensus that americans are dumb asses anyway ...

My opinion -- she is an average person, with average IQ.

Thought, it is sad fact, she doesn't know where is her country

I could.

Archived