my new BOX of ROCK!

Bobby D

• Members

yes...after seeing Robopimps thread, and marveling at his AWESOME beardness, I also was lusting for his JCM 800 combo.

I always liked the simple, non-channel switching JCM amps. Had a REALLY good one in the early 90s, JCM 800 2203 100 watt model, in red with matching 4x12 red cabs. pure AWESOMENESS!!!

So I went searching high and low to see if I could turn up something like a JCM 800 combo.

Unfortunately, the combo amps are few and far between...

but -- I managed to hook up with this fairly rare variant of the JCM 800 model 2204, I don't think they did a lot of them with the basketweave front like this.

This thing has been RODE HARD and put up wet. Has been in Florida humidity, salt air, and heat for over 20 years.

BUT -- from the first note, it has that JCM "thing" -- big, loud, dynamic, and pure Marshall.

it's my own BOX of ROCK!

and this amp LOVES PEDALS.....mmm mmmm good!

and of course, my damn cat, who ends up in all my gear pics.

jcm800scarlett.jpg

• Members
yes...after seeing Robopimps thread, and marveling at his AWESOME beardness, I also was lusting for his JCM 800 combo.

I always liked the simple, non-channel switching JCM amps. Had a REALLY good one in the early 90s, JCM 800 2203 100 watt model, in red with matching 4x12 red cabs. pure AWESOMENESS!!!

So I went searching high and low to see if I could turn up something like a JCM 800 combo.

Unfortunately, the combo amps are few and far between...

but -- I managed to hook up with this fairly rare variant of the JCM 800 model 2204, I don't think they did a lot of them with the basketweave front like this.

This thing has been RODE HARD and put up wet. Has been in Florida humidity, salt air, and heat for over 20 years.

BUT -- from the first note, it has that JCM "thing" -- big, loud, dynamic, and pure Marshall.

it's my own BOX of ROCK!

and this amp LOVES PEDALS.....mmm mmmm good!

and of course, my damn cat, who ends up in all my gear pics.

jcm800scarlett.jpg

Something about that FLA humidity adds mojo to those Marshalls!!!

• Members

Something about that FLA humidity adds mojo to those Marshalls!!!

yes, and unfortunately also corrosion and rust!!!

this came from a dude who had a garage FULL of 80s gear. there was a full mesa mark II stack in white as well.

but it has been sitting up in storage a long time. i have been spending all day tearing it apart, cleaning everything, trying to get it gig ready. i have to go on the road in a few weeks, and i want this amp to GO WITH ME instead of using the supplied backline stuff.

now, if i could find some nice NOS mullard El34s....

• Members

very nice

you cat looks so sultry.

my cat is THE BOMB....she originally belonged to my bass player, but one day he was all like "damn man, you come over to see me, but you spend half your time talking to my damn cat!"

so when he had to move, and could not take her with him to the new apartment, she came to live with me! she has been around music and gear since she was a kitten, and loud music doesn't bother her a bit.

she seems to like all the gear, and has to spend quality time with any new piece of gear i bring home.

when i go on the road, she's one thing i really miss. maybe i'm a freaking cheeseball, but she really makes my life just a little bit better, even when things are {censored}ty sometimes.

• Members

ha, i like cats man. i had one that looked almost identical to your cat and it got run over and killed a couple of years ago. man i was crushed, i loved that cat. you def. don't sound like a cheeseball IMO. i've seen a few people on here that seem to love their cats dearly.

• Members
ha, i like cats man. i had one that looked almost identical to your cat and it got run over and killed a couple of years ago. man i was crushed, i loved that cat. you def. don't sound like a cheeseball IMO. i've seen a few people on here that seem to love their cats dearly.

yes, i have seen some posters who are as much of a cheeseball as i am!

i guess my family just always had a few pets around. i would have a dog, but apartment life just isn't fair....

but my cat is just the mellowest creature, she's always happy to see me, and she thinks my tone RULEZ :lol:

• 10 months later...

Archived