I love fuzz. (Monsterpiece content)

Blungo

• Members

I'm an old timer and have always been a bit on the fence about the Monsterpiece fuzzes. They seemed just like another of the billion and tenth fuzz face clones floating around, not so interesting to me.

Recent update: I traded my beater old whiteface rat for an NPN/PNP two headed monster. It arrived today and i gave it a shot. Hmmm, it seemed pretty meh, just another so so fuzz. I sent off a couple PMs in hopes of trading it. Then i remembered the extra trannies that came with it (thanks drasp!) and thought i'd try swapping some out.

Holy {censored}! The trannies or combos of trannies make a HUGE difference in how the fuzz sounds. By switching transistors you can go from overdrive to standard fuzz face to really harsh and agressive (my preference). I've found a combo for each of the fuzz sides that i really dig. I'm keeping this fuzz and having tons of transistor swapping geek fun with it.

I didn't yet mention that this pedal is with out a doubt the most obsessively well built pedal i've ever seen. It's a work of art inside. I'm sold. It's too much fun and it's art to boot.

End of honeymoon rant.:)

• Members

Drasp is a virulent prick that should be avoided at all costs. I think he has the 'social' diseases. You didn't touch the innards of the pedal, did you?

Yeah, Mr. Rasp has done me well on a pedal too. I'm lucky, I get to jam with the guy weekly.....

• Members

Drasp is a virulent prick that should be avoided at all costs. I think he has the 'social' diseases. You didn't touch the innards of the pedal, did you?

Yeah, Mr. Rasp has done me well on a pedal too. I'm lucky, I get to jam with the guy weekly.....

I did, but i was wearing surgical gloves.

I hope he likes the Rat.

• Members

ahhhh... the joy of transistor sockets
:D

experiment away with as many different transistor types as you can.... some will ROCK, some will suck, just the way it goes
:cool:

Glad to hear that you are digging the pedal
:thu:

It's a great fuzz.

As i said before, i'm very impressed by the attention to detail in regards to build quality. Now i wish i'd tried one sooner.:o

• Members

A few months ago I was lucky enough to find a used Monsterpiece NPN locally to try out. Loved it immediately and even more so after a couple rehearsals/jams at volume. So I ordered a Three Headed MP (NPN/AD2K/MKII) from Richard and just got a picture of the finished pedal tonight!

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b394/i81b4u_did/Monsterpiece375-001-1.jpg

SUH-WEET! I will be r

• Members

Thanks for helping my Monsterpiece GAS.

After listening to some live recording of my band I've realized how awesome fuzz truley is. I originally bought a fuzz pedal b/c I didn't want to feel left out around here. I had a lot of fun playing w/ but had a hard time incorporating it into my band's music. Now I'm an addict. And I must say that fuzz helps make the panties drop.

Archived