Gigs antidote for GAS

RoboPimp

• Members

Even practicing hard with a band helps. We are working up to a gig on Labor Day and we have to learn a lot of stuff (because we need a bunch of covers but we don't really ever play 'em). I'm too busy to deal w/ GAS at the moment.

• Members

Not really i was on Tour in UK for 2 Weeks and everytime i had WLAN accsess with my Laptop i was browsing for gear on ebay or at the Spam thread and i bought 3 Pedals when i was on the road! The only thing that could stop my gas for some days is Poker...

• Members

Hmm, I sometimes find that gigs help but I also want my sound to be the best for every gig. So when there's a gap (say 2 weeks to a month) between a gig I tend to want to "perfect" my pedalboard for the next gig and make irrational purchases.

• Members

I couldn't agree more. While I was playing out from '01 to '05 I generally had the same rig the whole time. I also spent almost no time on the forums/ internet. I quit my band when my son was born due to lack of free time between work and family. Now I sit on the damn internet while I'm babysitting (better than watching the same episode of Dora the explorerer over and over) all the while these forums and ebay are providing me with a constant source of GAS and a convenient way to act on it. Damn it! :mad:
I do love my kids though. Now that I have three of 'em they have become my cure for GAS cause I am now broke:facepalm:.
Let this be a to you kids

• Members
I couldn't agree more. While I was playing out from '01 to '05 I generally had the same rig the whole time. I also spent almost no time on the forums/ internet. I quit my band when my son was born due to lack of free time between work and family. Now I sit on the damn internet while I'm babysitting (better than watching the same episode of Dora the explorerer over and over) all the while these forums and ebay are providing me with a constant source of GAS and a convenient way to act on it. Damn it!
:mad:
I do love my kids though. Now that I have three of 'em they have become my cure for GAS cause I am now broke:facepalm:.

Let this be a to you kids

+1,000,000

I can't imagine having 3 kids. Got 1 and another on the way.

• Members

I think I disagree. Before I joined the band I'm in now I just played in the house and did plenty of home recording. My board was settled for a long time. Since joining the band I've spent more money than I wish to count trying to perfect my rig completely. We do an awful lot of jamming and when I'm listening to the recordings I'm constantly wondering what effect would be useful for this part or that part. Controlling the impulses to buy takes more discipline than I've got.

• Members

I've noticed that when I don't have a lot of gigs I seem get more GAS... When I'm playing a lot I just have fun with what I have.

IS having regular gigs the antidote for GAS?

I just farted

Regular successful trips to the toilet cures flatulence.

So you have indeed answered your own question.

Archived