Guitar multi FX, which one to choose

Mateusz

• Members

I'm looking for guitar multi FX :) I'm not well into this equipment but I found some proposition which are intresting me, I will use it for home recording, I would like also to use it with computer and from time to time plug it in 5W tube head and 1X12 cab (Epiphone or Blackheart, I am still deciding) I would like to spend around

• Members

What about the Line 6 POD stuff?

I'm looking for guitar multi FX :) I'm not well into this equipment but I found some proposition which are intresting me, I will use it for home recording, I would like also to use it with computer and from time to time plug it in 5W tube head and 1X12 cab (Epiphone or Blackheart, I am still deciding) I would like to spend around

• Members

...forgot to also mention you could also consider a 2nd hand GT6 for little over 100 squids on ebay....or maybe a GT8 even at a pinch now they're down in price new since the GT10 came out...that must surely reduce the used prices!!

• Members

From that list - the Zoom G7.1

get a used boss gt-3. it sounds as good or better than the newer boss units, has a ton of effects that mostly all sound good and a lot of user patches. you can get them on ebay for like 50-70 bucks

My GT-10 retired my GT-3 EASILY. The ONLY thing the GT-3 does better than the 10 in my opinion is the humanizer effect. The 10 is miles ahead and sounds much better than the 3.

The GT-3 is a good budget effects processor if you don't have the funds to get something like a GT-10. The Zoom GFX-8 was also very good.

• Members

Look for something with USB record capability. The Line 6 stuff has this. Digitech RP 250/350 units are good choices. Line 6 has the best (IMO) preset editing software. They make cheap units called Toneport that are great for recording. I have a Pod X3 Live.

• Members

I've got a GNX3000 too with the MFX supermodels CD and it's great. Because of the way you can blend in two different amp models, you really do have limitless tones at your disposal and it's easy to tweak out annoyances in some models in this way.

The USB connection allows the GNX3000 to act as a soundcard on your system, so you can bypass the effects side completely and use it purely for its AD/DA converter. This will allow you to easily interface to other equipment for recording. I use it from time to time to record my main amp via a Palmer PDI-09 which I use instead of micing my amp, but you could easily do it with a mic as well as there is a microphone input and it has a mic preamp and phantom power.

All in all a well recommended unit with great quality models, and although in terms of sheer numbers it doesn't have as many effects as the GT8 or 10, they are very good quality and should cover most requirements easily.

• Members

For playing live I use a Boss GT-3 with a bunch of external dirt boxes. But from the list you have I'd go for the Zoom G7.1ut. If you are going to get your dirt from a multi that one is the best. The Zoom has the highest sampling rate, which gives it very shimmery delays.

• Members

the zoom g series are the best bang for the buck imo.high sample rate,ultra fast switching,best distortion for high gain,and if you wanna throw dirt in front of it it makes a great fx only unit.the super fast no lag when switching programs makes it a no brainer imo.i had the g2 and it was cool for what it is and it is nowere near as good as the g7

• Members

If you're gonna do high gain stuff, the G7 is great. I got mine fairly cheap on eBay and I still use it for recording high gain stuff because the rectifier sim is better than the one in my GT-10 (in my opinion). I have a couple of very distinctive patches in it that are invaluable to me. It doesn't have an effects loop and the effects chain is pretty much fixed but its still a great unit.

Archived