Calling all Laney owners!

CoolDrum3

• Members

We seem to be one of the smaller, but loyal followings on the boards. I am proposing we start our own group for the forums...the Laney Loyalists. Anyone is welcome to join as long as you have at least one Laney, whether it's an old AOR, a VC, or one of the newer Lionheart line. I'll control assigning numbers via PM. All you have to do is message me.

I'm the proud owner of "the other 30 watt British combo" and am looking for yet another one! Mine's a slightly older made in England (still disappointed about moving to China) VC30 212 with Celestion greenbacks in it. When I get the second one, I'm going to load with Weber alnico blues.

• Members

had a laney aor I sold because It wasn't the right sound I wanted but damn, what an amp. Def can't knock it for its price. I also own an old laney klipp which is ridiculously loud!

I def sympathise with Laney's products as long as they are vc or lionheart (in the new school)

• Members

We seem to be one of the smaller, but loyal followings on the boards. I am proposing we start our own group for the forums...the Laney Loyalists. Anyone is welcome to join as long as you have at least one Laney, whether it's an old AOR, a VC, or one of the newer Lionheart line. I'll control assigning numbers via PM. All you have to do is message me.

I'm the proud owner of "the other 30 watt British combo" and am looking for yet another one! Mine's a slightly older made in England (still disappointed about moving to China) VC30 212 with Celestion greenbacks in it. When I get the second one, I'm going to load with Weber alnico blues.

I've got a VC30 2x12 with the H&H Invaders in it. I want to put a Greenback and an Alnico Blue in it, or possibly the Warehouse Speakers equivalents. How do you like yours with the Greenbacks?

Right now, I'm running a stereo setup out of my EH DMM with the dry signal going to my JCM 800 2x12 and the wet signal going to the VC30. It is the best tone I've ever had, but could be better (less ice picky) with better speakers.

If the right one comes along, I'd like to pick up an LC30 1x12 for a more portable amp. Anybody have one that can compare it to the VC30?

Oh, and I will not be controlled or assigned anything by you or anyone else for that matter.:poke:

• Members

I just picked up a TT50H, and so far I'm really liking the sounds, plus:

versatility (three channels plus modern, xpand, bright, boost);

functions (separate channel EQ's and reverbs, two master volumes and master reverb); and

MIDI switching (I use a GT-8 at 50% mix in the loop because I'm in a party/cover band now).

I also went from using 100W to 50W, and I'm happier.

• Members

Got a Laney VC15 with Eminence Legend 105 speaker, and an 88 AOR 30 combo, on which I replaced the main filter cap and I'll soon replace all those big electrolytics. Then on Wednesday I'm receiving my Emincence Cannabis Rex for it :D

• Members

I just picked up a TT50H, and so far I'm really liking the sounds, plus:

versatility (three channels plus modern, xpand, bright, boost);

functions (separate channel EQ's and reverbs, two master volumes and master reverb); and

MIDI switching (I use a GT-8 at 50% mix in the loop because I'm in a party/cover band now).

I also went from using 100W to 50W, and I'm happier.

That's funny, that is my setup too. Down to the GT-8 and everything! Only I use the 4CM and switch channels via midi. I love my TT50H.

• Members

That's funny, that is my setup too. Down to the GT-8 and everything! Only I use the 4CM and switch channels via midi. I love my TT50H.

Spooky.

I was going with the 4CM, but I kind of wanted to simplify the signal chain. So I put a couple of stompboxes in front of the amp and use the GT-8 for time-based and modulation effects, plus the MIDI switching. (Nice feature.)

Though now in front of the amp I have a wah, filter, compressor, OD, fuzz.

Wait a second, I thought I was simplifying..... wha' hapn'd?

By the way, do you know of a way to toggle on/off the VOLUME 2 on a particular GT8 patch, using the CTL pedal?

Archived