Anyone ever painted a boss pedal? TU-2 Content & Question

kylef

• Members

So i got a tu-2 for cheap of the bay. i knew what was coming with the condition it looked in the photo, but the display, which is the thing that counts, looked in good condition. just the white on the metal casing was all chipped away. i wasnt fussed as i have had a shed load of boss pedals, and not one problem with them.

now ive put it on my board, because i am a gear freak all my guitars and pedals have been babied. they are spotless, then theres this manky thing to put it mildly.

it isnt goin to bother me too much as i am the only one whos going to use it, plus i have a korg rack tuner, but this is for when i dont have my rack, and i have a large pedalboard to house this.

question us, would it be easy enough to paint/spray the casing? dont think im up for removing the components, never good at that sort of thing - the putting it back together thng anyway.

sure a little masking, dash of primer and a spray of white could be easy enough? no?

PS....for those who know the tu-2, why when using an adaptor, mines the pedal power 2, does the check-light light up when its off? then goes a touch brighter when its on? why not stay off when its off like it does when just using a battery?

• Members

my brother has painted a few boss pedals and yeah it's easy enough to do.

you don't need to take the full thing apart in fact you can do it just taking off the knobs and putting blu tac in the jacks to mask them if you're not bothered about the thing looking professionally finished....

• Members

PS....for those who know the tu-2, why when using an adaptor, mines the pedal power 2, does the check-light light up when its off? then goes a touch brighter when its on? why not stay off when its off like it does when just using a battery?

have you completely removed the battery?

• Members

paper bag with a hole cut out for the mouth/display

that wouldnt work, its the actual metal casing i want to do.

thinking masking off the display and black rubber stomper, then just spraying all around it would possibly work.

Archived