Guitar hero?

MPH

• Members
No hate at all. I certainly would'nt knock anyone elses inspiration for picking up any instrument *

* Unless it was intended for violence (particularly if i was the target
:eek:
)

Thanks dude, some people just really hate Green Day and New Found Glory. I'm not saying they're exceptionally musically talented or anything, but I grew up on them, and still like them a lot. Can't hate what got you playing!

• Members
Thanks dude, some people just really hate Green Day and New Found Glory. I'm not saying they're exceptionally musically talented or anything, but I grew up on them, and still like them a lot. Can't hate what got you playing!

Not at all.

I grew out of American Idiot pretty quickly and in restrospect preferred their older stuff.

NFG...they had a song that i liked, that I think i even bought. But like I said, I grew out of poppunk in 2001/2002 before I really got a taste for it.

You're playing guitar though, that's good.! :thu:

• Members
Farin%20Urlaub.jpg
Started playing because of that guy when I was twelve, on a crappy yamaha classical guitar.
My mom believed I was just going through a phase, so I had to prove her wrong by torturing that guitar for like one and a half year til she bought me my first electric when I was 14. Good old days...

Now I think it's:
24loll.dinosaurjr.jpg

• Members

some people just really hate Green Day

Yeah, it's easy to hate them nowadays with their total commercial success. I watched the "Basket Case" video the other day for the {censored} of it, and it was really awesome all over again! I love that song and the video!

• Members

Yeah, it's easy to hate them nowadays with their total commercial success. I watched the "Basket Case" video the other day for the {censored} of it, and it was really awesome all over again! I love that song and the video!

Yeah, i remember when i first saw that video back in 1994 ({censored}...was it that long ago?). Very cool, specially when the drummer gets wheeled on. I still like the song.

• Members

Still my inspiration and idol...

brian_may.jpg

This is an Icelandic bloke which I saw on TV performing with a local band called Stripshow which became one of the biggest cult bands in Icelandic music history. I was amazed at the guys playing style. Brilliant guitarist and funny enough later became one of my best friends boyfriend, now we're really good friends and he always thinks it's funny that he's one of the biggest influences for me to pick up the guitar. And on top of that all he's a really good magician and later introduced me to Michael Bruce of the original Alice Cooper Group. We've jammed and drank together quite a few times since then.

ingo_toframadur.jpg

And I'm an idiot. Of course forgot to mention the other biggest inspiration in my life

NEWS%20GEORGE%20CAVERN%20WALKS.jpg

• Members
Not at all.

I grew out of American Idiot pretty quickly and in restrospect preferred their older stuff.

NFG...they had a song that i liked, that I think i even bought. But like I said, I grew out of poppunk in 2001/2002 before I really got a taste for it.

You're playing guitar though, that's good.!
:thu:

I really don't like American Idiot. I like the more burnt out snotty Dookie-era Green Day before eye-liner. As for NFG, and pop-punk, I was really into them in 8th grade (that was... 1999-2000-ish I think) and it stuck with me since. Granted I'm not as big a fan as I once was, but it reminds me of good times.

• Members

Van Halen made me perk my ears up to guitar initially.

Hendrix completely blew my mind. After hearing all of Are You Experienced, I had to have a guitar.

Since then, I've had a lot of influences, from "guitarist's guitarists" like Steve Howe, Danny Gatton, Robert Fripp and many others, to newer bands like Tides, Mogwai and My Bloody Valentine.

Nels Cline is my newest hero. For me, he's sort of an extension of Hendrix in a jazz context, with equal parts skill and chaotic noise. He's also opened my ears up to classic and obscure jazz artists, from Coltrane to Andrew Hill.

• Members

Billy Duffy - The Cult.

He's been inspiring me since the early '80's.

FUUUUUCCCCKKK-

YEEEEEESSSSSSSS!

God dammit, I love the cult. Outside of that, any guitarist who also sang usually got into my good books, but its pretty varied in terms of style and skill:

paul_gilbert_050415.jpg

snippet_199.jpg

setzer.jpg

Between Duffy and Setzer, I think I have the 'old people using grestches' contingent downpat.

Archived