OT: Recommend me a humbucker'd guitar

Loobs

• Members

So as you guys know I'm usually a tele/asat fiend. Since getting my Cornford (an amp with a master volume and fantastic heavy overdrive sounds) I really want to get a guitar with humbuckers to really get some fat and heavy overdrive sounds at home. My teles sound good but don't really cut it. It'd really be a guitar just for mucking around on at home since I don't really use sounds like that at all with my band. It's to indulge the teenage metalhead that is still alive inside of me more than anything else. :)

I don't want to spend a huge amount of money. So recommend away. $1000/

• Members

That's awesome.

How comes you put gold tuners on it?

I was originally going to do all the hardware in gold, and my drummer was going to get brass rims for his drums. We were going to be pimp. So I ordered in those tuners and put them on, but he couldn't find any rims so we scrapped that whole idea. They work for now but when I get a new neck I'd like to get some Klusons.

The pickguard is anodized gold.

• Members
  • Members
Why don't you just get a Lil '59 and stick it in one of your Teles? Far cheaper, and to my ears it sounds very close to a Gibson 490T. Tons of mids/output, plus you can always coil split it.

:)

I have one in white for the bridge position if it interests you. Still in great condition.

• Members
  • Members
So as you guys know I'm usually a tele/asat fiend. Since getting my Cornford (an amp with a master volume and fantastic heavy overdrive sounds) I really want to get a guitar with humbuckers to really get some fat and heavy overdrive sounds at home. My teles sound good but don't really cut it. It'd really be a guitar just for mucking around on at home since I don't really use sounds like that at all with my band. It's to indulge the teenage metalhead that is still alive inside of me more than anything else. :)

I don't want to spend a huge amount of money. So recommend away. $1000/

Archived