When is Loveless reissue coming out?

tubezipper

• Members

I spoke extensively with Kevin about this last Saturday. Kevin spent a good deal of time tweeking the original analog 1/2" masters, and preparations for the tour halted that process. As a musician, you always hope that the analog masters are going to yield the best result, but modern music has a huge amount of detail that doesn't always last when printed at high levels.

If I understand correctly, he may be using some recently located original digital masters when he returns from tour to finish the final remastering. He's a perfectionist, basically, a fierce do-it-yourself kind of guy who doesn't mind delays as long as, in the end, he's convinced he's done his best to get it right.

kevinshields-1.jpg

• Members

I spoke extensively with Kevin about this last Saturday. Kevin spent a good deal of time tweeking the original analog 1/2" masters, and preparations for the tour halted that process. As a musician, you always hope that the analog masters are going to yield the best result, but modern music has a huge amount of detail that doesn't always last when printed at high levels.

If I understand correctly, he may be using some recently located original digital masters when he returns from tour to finish the final remastering. He's a perfectionist, basically, a fierce do-it-yourself kind of guy who doesn't mind delays as long as, in the end, he's convinced he's done his best to get it right.

kevinshields-1.jpg

Thanks for that! :thu:

Awesome pic :cool:

• Members
So i've heard but have not been able to find them (especially hard since i don't have a record player), its sorta crazy they have never reissued them on cd
:cry:

They released them on CD I bought them on eBay a couple of years ago. for like $5.:)

The new thing will have the EP's all collected. The interesting thing is the Isn't Anything remaster because appprently the mastering company de essed the whole album for some reason :facepalm:

• Members

They released them on CD I bought them on eBay a couple of years ago. for like $5.
:)

The new thing will have the EP's all collected. The interesting thing is the Isn't Anything remaster because appprently the mastering company de essed the whole album for some reason
:facepalm:

haha "whats all this wierd feedback? np we can get rid of it"

• Members

He had gray hair when I met him at ATP
:confused:
Is that an old pic?

The pic is from last saturday. His hair is not grey.

I just asked my friend Mike who runs the eBay rockcessories store about the conversation (he was with me when Kevin was discussing the mastering holdup) and he recalled one more detail... The mastering is finished and is awaiting Kevin's approval when he returns home from tour.

mikeandbelindasmall-1.jpg

• Members

One more humorous pic... I asked Belinda to do an "up the nose shot" like the you made me realize, feed me with your kiss, and tremolo EP covers... but I wanted to be in it. 8^) You can see ridiculously far up my nose... my Medulla Oblongata is showing in that V-shaped region.

belindazvex.jpg

• Members

One more humorous pic... I asked Belinda to do an "up the nose shot" like the you made me realize, feed me with
belindazvex.jpg
your kiss, and tremolo EP covers... but I wanted to be in it. 8^) You can see ridiculously far up my nose... my Medulla Oblongata is showing in that V-shaped region.

:love:awesome

Archived