Watch out, Indie boys, PRS is after your GASSSSS!!!

english_bob

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

prs's have always sounded great and played great too. the only problem that i have is that most of their owners aren't very good and it makes me think "this guy probably sucks" every time i see one get put on a stage. they sound really good though... i don't see how anyone could complain about that part of them. they sound like any good humbucker mahogany guitar should, and just cause a lot of you don't like that sound doesn't mean that for that style they aren't really good.

• Members

It plays nice but I really can't stand the tone of the pu's. They sounded thin and weak. Just my opinion though, they might really suit someone else's style.

You are the first person I've ever heard dis the Mira pickups. Every other person I know (me included) thinks they are magnificent. The Mira absolutely kicks butt.

The Starla however.....bleck...looks terrible.

However, I will admit I didn't like the Mira's looks at first either. Then I played one, and I KNEW I would own one. It sounded that good. The looks have since grown on me.

sbm

• Members

I don't know what it's like where eveyone else lives, but most of the indie kids around these parts are far from broke. They may dress like they are, but thrift store clothes don't negate the $40k/year their parents are paying in art-school tuition.

And if price is what makes an indie guitar, how can a Rickenbacker be more indie than this thing?

• Members

I don't know what it's like where eveyone else lives, but most of the indie kids around these parts are far from broke. They may dress like they are, but thrift store clothes don't negate the $40k/year their parents are paying in art-school tuition.

And if price is what makes an indie guitar, how can a Rickenbacker be more indie than this thing?

Oh I don't think price has anything to do with it. It's just a look/sound.

• Members

Aren't Mexican and American Jags/JMs hideously more expensive than their strats or tele counterparts? Seems like indie commands a premium these days.

• Members
It looks like the offspring from an unholy union between a Gretsch, Gibson and PRS.

I'm glad to see them doing something new and different (for them), but I still Do Not Want. I'll never play a PRS until they come up with a neck option other than Wide / Flat and Wide / Fat.
:freak:

theyve got wide thin and regular dude! come join the party!

Archived