mi audio crunchbox

doppelbanger

• Members

just heard this pedal on youtube. i already have a rat 2 but want something that will give a good classic rock tone. could this pedal be a replacement for the rat or is it better as an additional dirt tone.

Yes... I know some guys here are comparing RATs with Crunch Box but for me they are waaay different.

Crunch Box is a high gain pedal... shines with that but for lower gain, I'd definitely go with the RAT.

• Members

i have both the crunchbox and rat at the same time. Was expecting the crunchbox to replace the rat for higher gain stuff, but I really find the crunchbox sound kinda 'thin' beside the rat. Not the bad kinda thin sounding but it just doesn't 'roar'

• Members

well these are the pedals i have at the moment for dirt: rat2, jekyll and hyde, and sd1. ive just always been disappointed with the j&h hyde side, and thats what i need is good distortion not overdrive. would the mi audio make a good replacement for this. basically tones im looking for are cover worthy ac/dc, zep, and just general classic rock. the rat is too thick for some of those.

Archived