Kings Of Leon Bass Effects?

tommemoires

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Here you go:

It's got groove, thud, and musicality. This song, I'm betting, was written on bass.

It sounds like the only effect on that is a pick. Gibson basses are kind of dark, so the pick attack gives it some punch, but doesn't transmit the clickiness of playing with a pick.

The playing isn't particularly interesting, but I guess it is solid enough

• Members

It sounds like the only effect on that is a pick. Gibson basses are kind of dark, so the pick attack gives it some punch, but doesn't transmit the clickiness of playing with a pick.

The playing isn't particularly interesting, but I guess it is solid enough

I didn't post the link to show his effects, I just showed it to prove the guy is a solid bassist. I also think that bassists who write songs aren't given enough credit. In that respect, good songs are interesting to me. Neil Young isn't much of a guitarist, necessarily, but he's a hell of a songwriter.

• Members

I didn't post the link to show his effects, I just showed it to prove the guy is a solid bassist. I also think that bassists who write songs aren't given enough credit. In that respect, good songs
are
interesting to me. Neil Young isn't much of a guitarist, necessarily, but he's a hell of a songwriter.

+1 most of my favorite bands have pretty average guitarists, but great songwriters. CCR is one of them. i prefer a song over a solo.

on the flip side i don't care for most of these bands with great guitarists. Van Halen, Dream Theatre, etc.

• Members

I didn't post the link to show his effects, I just showed it to prove the guy is a solid bassist. I also think that bassists who write songs aren't given enough credit. In that respect, good songs
are
interesting to me. Neil Young isn't much of a guitarist, necessarily, but he's a hell of a songwriter.

Thanks for the link :) I agree, I'm a bassist who usually ends up writing the songs at least half of the time

• Members

Thanks for the link
:)
I agree, I'm a bassist who usually ends up writing the songs at least half of the time

To be honest, I only recently have given Kings of Leon a look. As a guitarist turned bassist myself, I've tried to listen to the basslines of songs more critically. Your comment made me want to check a bit close with KoL. He's not a bassist that wows me, necessarily, but he's not bad. If he's doing a lot of the writing, he's a bit better than not bad.

• 11 years later...
  • Members
On 9/28/2008 at 11:59 PM, Mind_Riot89 said:

No, but I do know that he has one of the worst tones and techniques I've seen in a long time.

your opinion mate, even if its a load of bollox! hope lifes treating you well...

Archived