USPS Problem

Aaron SS

• Members

Never had one marked missent but i once sold a ds-1 to a guy in PA.

Sent it priority with tracking from Watertown. My postmaster tracked it to some small post office in PA and called them.

They never scanned it for tracking so who knows where it went.

I gave the buyer his money back and the pedal arrived over 3 months later.

Hope yours comes sooner.

• Members

I know all about this.

A while back I did a trade for my Fender princeton 65. I sent the pedals I was trading, and A3C (great trader, btw) sent his princeton to me.

Now, a couple days into it, my package got marked missent. Of course, I freaked out. I called the USPS customer service line, sat on hold for about 45 mins, and finally got through to someone. They basically said they had no idea, and that even they didn't know where it was. It was sent to the wrong location, and they would have to wait for it to pop back up. They said they would call me back when they found out where it was.

Two days later it got to A3C as scheduled originally.

About two weeks later i got a call back from USPS saying they still didn't know where it was. :lol:

I wouldn't panic just yet. Wait a few days, and if it doesn't show up, just have the sender file for the insurance. :thu:

• Members

I'd say odds are really good that it will show up. USPS tracking just sucks.

i agree, its not like it had very far to go.

I had a similar issue using UPS. I dropped off a package at The UPS Store, and it didnt show up in their system for a couple days. The buyer contacted me about it and I then went to the UPS Store. They could find no record of it in their computers. Almost a week later it showed uyp in theor system and was delivered.

• Members

Don't worry. I know the feeling you guys are both having - and it sucks.

I'm telling you though. This is just a case of USPS's tracking being {censored}. It's not even worth the $.65 they charge. I only get it so that there's documented proof of delivery.

Archived