Ryan Adams and The Cardinals show last Friday...

Sunsetcarcrash

• Members

In 25 years of going to shows, the only one I ever walked out of one was Ryan Adams & The Cardinals here in Cols. O. a few years ago.

He kept complaining about the air conditioning coming on and messing with the tuning of his ancient Gibson hollow-body (I forget what model - It's the double-cut - pretty thing) - He kept starting and stopping - then gave it up to play piano - then went back to it to play the same long wanky solos -making faces the whole time - He's a decent guitar player, but come on -

I stood there for a while and then walked home. Never done that before - ever - I mean if someone is going to have the nuts to stand on a stage in front of me, I'm going to listen - but -

Waaah. He's a great songwriter, but he needs to remember that he's playing in front of people - some who actually dig music...

Not surprised at all...

• Members
Plus it's a {censored}ty venue and Oasis is playing, too. I just don't jive with Oasis.

Big mistake for me. I love Ryan and I saw him last year and it blew me away. I was worried about the tantrums too, but him and the cardinals kicked some ass that night. I never saw Oasis and I was a fan in the mid nineties. So what the hell, I wanted to see ryan again. What a big mistake that was!!!

I love Oasis and they rock, but I hate their fans!! sorry.:rolleyes:

• Members

The thing is, Ryan had Walking Pnemonia, and according to his blog, almost died, because of some of the medication... None of the Cardinals even checked on him, and he ended up in a hospital in Atlanta all weekend and couldnt go home... By the tone of his blog he quit the Cardinals...

• Members

The thing is, Ryan had Walking Pnemonia, and according to his blog, almost died, because of some of the medication... None of the Cardinals even checked on him, and he ended up in a hospital in Atlanta all weekend and couldnt go home... By the tone of his blog he quit the Cardinals...

Again, what a whinny little bitch. Rub some dirt in it emo kid.

• Members

i could argue all day long about his "best" album, it'll vary as much as my mood does, but those are the ones i listen to most, and i think are possibly the most accessible without being too poppy.... i did go through a massive phase of listening to demolition also tho, that shouldn't be discounted...

• Members

Link?

• Members

what album do i need to check out. NAME ONLY ONE.

Rock N Roll. The album is truly a masterpiece written in only like two weeks. Every song on there is so solid, and in my opinion there isn't enough good rock and roll like that made. Easily in my top 5 favorite records.

However, don't discount his other albums. Easy Tiger also is great, and Cardinology seems very promising.

Archived