OT: Calling out sick to goof around in the studio

ElectricPuppy

• Members

I seriously considered it today, except I've got something I had to finish up.

This morning I sauntered into the gear pile, avoiding the pending workday, and started flipping through patches on the TI. I eventually stumbled upon a string patch (ROM-F19 Cremoma HS), and I just blissed out for about 1/2 an hour playing it. Lovely, lovely patch.

So who here has a regular job that you burned a sick day on at least once just because you wanted to spend the day steeped in flashy lights and blippity-bloops?

• Members

freelance here ... sick days? holidays? paid vacations? medical benefits?

WHAT ARE THOSE? (welcome to the future ... )

On the other hand, there are many aspects of the job to love (vitually no boss, basically do what I want and work as much as I choose ... )

• Members

Hm. Obviously I've aimed this question at the wrong audience. :D

I only ever worked commission once, and it BLEW. HATED it. I worked contract work once, but lived in fear of getting canned at any moment and having to find another contract.

I much prefer my stable, predictable, benefit-infused job.

• Members

I much prefer my stable, predictable, benefit-infused job.

Used to enjoy mine too - now thinking of telling the corp to go stuff itself after waking up one day and the body snatchers had been in replaced everyone with corporate droans - urgh!

• Members

I blew a day once when I was waiting for FedEx to bring my OB-8! I'm sure everyone here has done that one...

Heh, yeah, I've blown a day waiting for a delivery once, but in my case it was for a power tool (a jointer, actually). :) I did leave work early once though to drop by the FedEX depot to pick up my TI, since they wouldn't leave it on the doorstep like I explicitly asked them to. Grr.

• Members

Heh, yeah, I've blown a day waiting for a delivery once, but in my case it was for a power tool (a jointer, actually).
:)
I did leave work early once though to drop by the FedEX depot to pick up my TI, since they wouldn't leave it on the doorstep
like I explicitly asked them to.
Grr.

Do we need to talk woodworking?

• Members

I blew a day once when I was waiting for FedEx to bring my OB-8! I'm sure everyone here has done that one...

All the time...

Why is it that if you *don't* take the day off/work from home/whatever, the FedEx/UPS guys shows up immediately after you leave the house in the morning and doesn't leave the package??? (Or even worse leaves it on the FRONT porch instead of in the back...)

BUT on the days that you *do* wait around for it they never come before 6:30pm??? Do these drivers get notified by your boss when you ask for the day off??? Never fails in my case....never.

• Members

Ah but the trick there is showing nice wood endbells on pieces that didn't originally have them. I could put wood ends on my Juno, but... meh. The Polaris, now, there's a travesty: It has oak endbells, but they're painted black. Also, there's quite a bit of shaping done on them, makes me wonder why they didn't save some money on the endbells and instead apply it to a better control panel.

Archived