What's your MXR 10 band eq curve look like? -or others

dimperdoo

• Members

Holy crap - 10 bands is too many!

I find I can't quite leave the damn thing alone - it sounds OK then I turn the amp off and come back the next day - and it sounds meh?

Funny how when I check out each band then adjust according I get mush - but if I go for different shapes (smile, frown, seagul, M, W) I find some pretty killer mixes.

What's working for you (graphically) -mention your style -eh?

Let's discuss it - after all it's actually on topic

• Members

Well, I don't have something wide enough right now to accomplish this, but if I had an MXR 10 band it would basically look like this:

/

More or less. Low cut, slight high boost, blend through. Maybe it might end up like this:

_~

basically taking the lows out and tweaking the highs. It's in order to compensate for the kind of pickup I'm running on my instrument.

• Members

The 2 bands - on the opposite ends of the spectrum don't really do much, so it's more like an 8 band. I keep the bass up a bit, the treble down to reduce hiss, and then the mids are usually either moved up, or I cut the mids, depending on what I want to do. I don't use it now at all though, bought an RC Booster, and it does enough for me. Starting to think though, I don't even need that one either.

• Members

Yeah, the 2 ends are not as noticeable as the inner 8

I'm finding some odd factors like - certain bands, if cut, while all others are at 0 can make for a very interesting sound. Changing any given band seems to have an effect on where the other sliders should be.

It's frustrating cause you'll feel like your getting somewhere - and it'll sound f'd when u finish.

That's why I wonder what shapes are working for other players.

• Members

I'm finding some odd factors like - certain bands, if cut, while all others are at 0 can make for a very interesting sound. Changing any given band seems to have an effect on where the other sliders
should
be.

It's frustrating cause you'll feel like your getting somewhere - and it'll sound f'd when u finish.

You and I think:idea: a lot a like there .:wave: Maybe we should get together and talk about it in person:love:

• Members

I'm finding some odd factors like - certain bands, if cut, while all others are at 0 can make for a very interesting sound. Changing any given band seems to have an effect on where the other sliders
should
be.

Let me know when you get the tones you like and I will gladly sit and listen to you play. Better yet how about I call you and we talk? Are your phones working?

• Members

So, kind of an "M" shape favoring the upper mids. What kind of music are you playing?

all sorts to be honest, but I suppose 'alternative' in general...yeah it's like an M shape, it gives a nice bass boost (but without the very low 'lows' that can get muddy, and the mids are kinda scooped and pushed at the same time...lower mids scooped, upper mids boosted, and I lower the highs a little to stop it getting too bright at volume.

Archived