OOD: old organ day

RadioSilence

• Members

1zdocv6.jpg

rediscovered my old organ in my parents' spare room. it just needed a new fuse and it all working again. i think its a cheapo farfisa copy.

i found it in a pawn shop about ten years ago and i can't believe i used to actually gig with this thing. its hernia-inducingly heavy (35Kg, i just put it on the bathroom scales), and we used to mic up the speakers in the base as the amplifier out jack was so scratchy. looking at the jacks now they're corroded something rotten, an easy fix but i didn't know how back then :rolleyes:

the vibrato is nice and it has a spring reverb but that's a bit {censored} sounding actually. its {censored}ing loud though, and you can't control the volume on the upper keyboard.

mws5ky.jpg

2442w6a.jpg

2vbmxc1.jpg

b6a9vl.jpg

2rzrxfo.jpg

2lar39k.jpg

2ro6c75.jpg

dopceq.jpg

• Members

Nice! There's always tons of organs for free in the newspapers around here....I always wanted to give alot of them a home, but alas, no room! I got an old Farfisa Bravo for cheap this year.....a few of the keys don't work (probably need transistor replacing), and there's something about rescuing old unwanted equipment that makes me feel like a humanitarian to old forgotten equipment, ha ha.

Organ is something that on it's own, doesn't really have a home. Guitar can fare well with no other instruments, but I speculate that people give up on organ because it's best in accompaniment with other instruments. That and the fact that most of 'em are heavy as hell, so when people move, they've gotta find a good home for some of those things.

Archived