Boss DD-7 owners, your opinion please.

Frankyblues

• Members

yeah, id buy another one if i lost it and i own 5 or 6 delays. the dmm is my main delay but i use the dd7 as an alternative to it and also as a toy/ tool.

i use it for the looping, the mod delay (sometimes), and the reverse. i dont pay $300 for old, beaten up boss pedals, so i cant say whether or not its analog mode is an accurate recreation of the dm2.:)

• Members

IMO, the DD-7 is the best value delay on the market right now. A ton of usable features in a small box, at a good price point, and with pretty damn good sound. I wouldn't say it exactly nails the DM-2 (I compared these two side-by-side actually) ... but it does get a respectable analog sound. Like Dr. P, I too had the DMM/DD-7 combo for a bit... that was a nice pairing.

• Members

I've heard good things about the DD-7, but better things about the Hardwire DL-8. Both are similar in features. Someone here, I think Ben, had both, and preferred the tone of the DL-8. My DL8 kicked my SMMH off my board, and I prefer it over my Carbon Copy too. I have a Malekko 600 d coming soon, and we'll see if that's different enough to warrant keeping both.

• Members

It's an excellent delay w/ some very cool features. I've had it for quite a while and still love the analog mode- not quite as rich sounding as my AD999 or DMM, but damn impressive nontheless. The looper is basic but very easy to use, easier than the DD20 I used to have. The modulate mode is pretty good, but pales in comparison to the DMM which was expected. Reverse mode is probably the best reverse I've tried so far, very nice. Overall, an outstanding buy for the $$. As far as it "feeling cheap", I don't get that comment- its built like a tank just like any other Boss pedal that I've ever owned.

• Members

I've heard good things about the DD-7, but better things about the Hardwire DL-8. Both are similar in features. Someone here, I think Ben, had both, and preferred the tone of the DL-8.

Yep - that was me ;)

Still lovin' the DL-8.

-Ben

• Members

I got it on an impulse when it came out... I thought I'd dig layering it with the DD20... I got the M13 a while back and I like the delays of it much better (it's basically a DL4 and Echo Pro), A LOT more tweakability.. it has a Treble/Bass EQ which is very handy..

but as far as the DD7 goes, I'm selling it to a friend (he's got it on loan until he raises the cash)... I wasn't a fan of the tap tempo, it always seemed a little off.. although I've never been too pleased with any tap tempo other than the DD20 for some strange reason... The modulation mode was a bit much, but the analog and reverse were great.. I'm not a big fan, but I've been spoiled with bigger delay pedals...

• Members

i have one, and i'd get another one if i lost it.

i havent compared it to a DM2 but the analog sounds good to me

definatly does slapback...its got external tap tempo with subdivisions ( determined by time range setting)

it does trails but you cant turn them off

Archived