old Guitar magazine articles?

onyxrhino

• Members

I'm trying to track down some old Guitar magazines from the early-mid 90s. I remember a couple of them had some cool articles about shoegaze/dream pop bands at the time. Does anyone know an online resource to search for these mags and their contents, something like a library periodical index? I've tried google, but I can't seem to find what I'm looking for. I know some sellers of magazine back issues will have listings on their sites that list what articles are in each particular magazine, but I haven't found anyone who does this and is selling these Guitar magazines (my searches are also complicated by the fact that the magazine was just called "Guitar", I think, as opposed to Guitar World, Guitar Player, Guitar School, etc. It makes it harder to search for specifically). Anyone have any ideas/resources?

• Members

it was called Guitar For The Practicing Musician. I'm always after stuff from those mags too but can't find them anywhere. Some people sell them on eBay but the conditions of the magazines aren't worth the money IMO. Someone here said he had loads, but I can't remember who it was.

• Members

it was called Guitar For The Practicing Musician. I'm always after stuff from those mags too but can't find them anywhere. Some people sell them on eBay but the conditions of the magazines aren't worth the money IMO. Someone here said he had loads, but I can't remember who it was.

Guitar For The Practicing Musician, right! I couldn't remember the subtitle, just the big "Guitar" logo. The thing is, the reason I started this thread, it's not that I'm necessarily looking to buy a whole bunch of them. I'm just looking for a few articles that I remember from them back in the day (so I can buy the specific issues with those articles). I was hoping someone knew of a search site, where I could look for article listings from old magazines. I know that libraries have such indexes, but I can't find one that I can search online that has that particular magazine.

Archived