The best multi-effects processor

dimibetan

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The Korg is discontinued now. Seriously, I've used Tonelabs for quite a while now. Don't buy one to use as an effects processor. Look into the M-13. It's the only one that made me ditch the individual pedals.

Thats a shame, Korg is discontinued... Thats why that guitar shop is selling that Korg MFX for a cheap price.

• Members

I didn't buy it. Still reading about. Guess it's discontinued. I think REMS is the same Vox uses. Can't remember. It's still a multi with compression and delay/reverb.

Vox making a twin sized box with stomp patches dedicated for amp modeling would rule.

@ these prices there's not much more you need to read about it...

http://cgi.ebay.com/MINT-Korg-AmpWorks-Multi-effects-unit-man-adapter-inc_W0QQitemZ130270098978QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar_Accessories?hash=item130270098978&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

• Members

The Digitech Quad 4 is a really good low priced rack unit. It's got the best intelligent harmonizer I've used excluding Eventide and TC Electronics, 8 independent 5 second delays, very lush modulation effects plus lots more. It's also has the best controllability out of any rack processor I've used, including Eventide and TC. Well worth a look

• Members

I love my Boss GX-700. Although I'm trying to get away from a rack case and more towards an amp and a few effects pedals I will never get rid of that preamp. I can pretty much get any sound out of it that I want. They can sound pretty sterile but if you have the right poweramp it will sound sweet. I get compliments on mine all the time and people swear its a tube amp. I just hate how heavy my rack case is.

• Members

Are you using it mono in and out?

For the time being, I am only using a 2x12 cabinet. I would love to drag my old 4x12 Marshall out of storage, but there's just no room (or reason for such volume!)

I have thought about wiring the 2x12 for stereo.

But my Marshall JMP-1 sounds amazing through it!

• Members

For the time being, I am only using a 2x12 cabinet. I would love to drag my old 4x12 Marshall out of storage, but there's just no room (or reason for such volume!)

I have thought about wiring the 2x12 for stereo.

But my Marshall JMP-1 sounds amazing through it!

Try it with a y-cable from the left and right output instead of mono out and see what you think.

TC Electronics have this annoying design philosophy where they don't bother summing the outputs when their processors are being used in mono, and so if you just have the left output connected you're missing half of the effect field. This is one of the main reasons why some people believe TC effects can sound sterile. When used with both outputs and a mixer (or y-cable) everything sounds considerably better. The same is true for the G-Force and the M-One, both of which I have and so I suspect this is a standard thing across the TC range.

• Members
Try it with a y-cable from the left and right output instead of mono out and see what you think.

TC Electronics have this annoying design philosophy where they don't bother summing the outputs when their processors are being used in mono, and so if you just have the left output connected you're missing half of the effect field. This is one of the main reasons why some people believe TC effects can sound sterile. When used with both outputs and a mixer (or y-cable) everything sounds considerably better. The same is true for the G-Force and the M-One, both of which I have and so I suspect this is a standard thing across the TC range.

THANKS! That's a great tip, I never would have figured that!

Cool, not I get to make new cables!:thu:

Archived