Cheapo Phasers

Atomic Sitar

• Members

ibanez ph-7 kicks ass

theres that and the ibanez pM-7, both awesome and cheap, but the pm-7 is crazier, it can go to ring mod like speeds, negative feedback, manual settings(no swoosh) all suprisingly useful for overdubs or maybe a really terrible sounding live guitar i dont know.

• Members

The Arion Stereo Phaser is pretty versatile and very cheap. I think I got one NEW for $28 shipped from ebay. My current one was $20 shipped used.

Does subtle and slow, fast and nuts, and everything in between.

SRSLY.

plus one on that, you can get a vintage MIJ model for $20 if you look....

• Members

Yeah, I actually have the PH-7, it's great, I'm just looking around for affordable new tones. Something...slightly richer?
My old Phase 90 had the sound but I really needed a Depth control, it kind of took over sometimes.
Which was good, but not always appropriate...

small stone stuffs (of which the behr is one) arent gonna get you any less subtle than a 90, the stone's circuit results in a richer/thicker sounding phaser. depth settings = deep, and more deep.

• Members

You needs to get a small stone and throw a brick at the EHX factory like I did with a note attached to it that says, WTF with the Volume Drop Mike!?

Thats my only beef with the pedal. LIke i didnt care at first, then when i started playing with it more, id switch it on in the middle of a phrase and youd hear a pop and a slight drop in volume.

To no end.

• Members

phase 45 will have probs getting above subtle though, and frequently gets lost with dirt/fuzz. brilliant effect, but its all about teh sutlz.

microfazer is a lot closer to script 90 territory (its a shin-ei knockoff of p90), but without the overdriving quality of the p90, or not nearly as much.

PC310033.jpg

• Members

phase 45 will have probs getting above subtle though, and frequently gets lost with dirt/fuzz.

I like it. I've definitely not found it getting lost in the mix with distortion pushed into it. A phase 90 with distortion into it is way over the top in my book. The 45 is a nice phaser if you're using something before it like that.

• Members
I don't have the means to record, so no clips.

But no more volume drop, either.
:thu:

I bought mine directly from Mike, new and modded.

is it basically just a small stone without the volume drop. I saw he adds a feedback trim to it as well. How is it?

Describe please...

Archived