OT: I Want This Guitar.....

Sad Darwin

• Members

You can not has, in other news LOL my friend borrowed some chicks custom shop Ibanez, I think its an S series body prestige something BS guitar and stepped on the neck thus breaking it during an acid trip. He doesnt know how to tell her, it was a gift from her music professor or something LOL

I would slit his throat LOL

• Members

That's cool man, I am sure that it plays amazingly. I have always wanted to try a guitar like that out. It seems like they are really well crafted and are probably great at what they were built for. They just lack that certain "mojo" and retro feel that everyone seems to get hung up on. I am guilty of that too.

So the neck seems really fat in that picture. Is it wider than a more traditional guitar or is that just the way it looks in that particular pic?

• Members

That's cool man, I am sure that it plays amazingly. I have always wanted to try a guitar like that out. It seems like they are really well crafted and are probably great at what they were built for. They just lack that certain "mojo" and retro feel that everyone seems to get hung up on. I am guilty of that too.

So the neck seems really fat in that picture. Is it wider than a more traditional guitar or is that just the way it looks in that particular pic?

That's another make or break for people. The necks definitely only feel like a parker neck, although the closest comparable is probably a strat. The parker necks are conical and sorta trade thickness for width in a subtle way as they go up to the body. Really quite comfy though. The necks stay in proper intonation and hold tuning really well. Once it's set up right adjustments are rarely needed. I can't say the same for my 3000 dollar les paul. Like I said, I love my Les Paul and many other guitars, but they are 1950's technology. I'd rather be on the road with a Parker.

Archived