If you could only choose one...

punkicidal

• Members

The POD if you do much or any recording, end up under the power of a soundguy, or have a one-trick pony of a tube amp.

I do a fair bit of recording, although it goes Guitar/bass > pedals > audio-in on my Powerbook. I don't run a mic'd amp or anything, just raw signal, it seems to work well with Garageband.

I wanted the POD for the amp sims mostly.

But I want to build my pedalboard up with quality pedals.

• Members

what are your influences? what sound are you looking to achieve? If you want a great delay that loops and has great analog sounds as well, the DL4 is tough to beat. The FM4 is great for synth like filter effects. I know the FM4 isnt on your list, but if you are looking for a fun pedal, it ranks high in that respect.

check it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYrAD7khRh4

The Expression factory does do a convincing leslie, univibe, jimi style wah and others (whammy?) all in one pedal.

With a whammy, you will get that pixilated sound it gives when playing more than one note on the whammy setting. Some poeple like this, I don't.

Lastly, go to GC or other place and demo as much as you can. The associates will be happy to show you what each one can do.

Actually if you can find an old Zoom 606 (silver one with the exp pedal attached) its IMHO the greatest budget polyphonic (chords!) whammy sound I might have ever heard.

I think they're discontinued but can be had on ebay for around 40$

In my opinion, this beats the whammy 4.

Archived