OT: amp rant/rave ... the triple recto is a sick beast

RoboPimp

• Members

:confused:how are the cleans

the cleans...

the cleans on a recto you ask?

well, like a dirty sweatsock from someone with swampfoot thats been wringed out into a glass of stale piss with a few sprigs of cilantro thrown in as an insult to good taste.

• Members

I love this thing. Having a 150 watt power section is the best thing in the world for a high gain amp.

The low end on this thing is silly. I've tried the lower wattage ones and it's laughable how much beefier this thing sounds. Even at high volumes, there's just unlimited low end headroom - it makes that cool wwwwthhump when you do palm mutes.

This is my 150w dual rectifier, I"m hoping it provides a similar experience. I can't crank it yet though, that cab is only 60w with the current speakers.

IMG_6021.jpg

IMG_6019.jpg

IMG_6033.jpg

• Members

Boogie Mark IIB=first cloned product I manufactured in quantity, circa 1983, using Fender Bassmans and other amps as a starting point. Made 10 or more of them. High-gain channel only.

Triple Rectifier? Likely the best high-gain tube amp ever designed. Ever. Upon hearing it the first time, I was shocked. I couldn't compete using the Box of Metal. Couldn't even come close. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a bunch of solid-state stuff in the inside chain feeding the output tubes. It sounds THAT GOOD. It sounds like pedals inside an amp box!

Archived