Chorusing! Some examples from my rig

petejt

• Members

I finally got some examples online of some chorusing, with clean tones.

Just thought I'd share it with you folks, and hear some feedback.

In each, I'm just doing some random arpeggiated noodling. Mostly out of shot too.

Signal chain is Guitar-> TC Electronic Stereo Chorus/Flanger for stereo split (effect off) to Mesa/Boogie MarkIV (to Mesa/Boogie 4x12 Stiletto cab) & Engl Fireball.

The Fireball sends one load output to a Marshall 4x12 cab, and the other load output to a THD Hotplate, which converts it to a line level signal and then to the fx return of the Roland Jazz Chorus 120 (chorus/vibrato turned off).

Here's the raw clean tone- NO EFFECTS.

[YOUTUBE]4txt93eq8l4[/YOUTUBE]

Here's the Visual Sound H2O Liquid Chorus & Echo, in front of the Fireball.

[YOUTUBE]Wfzi-GsBmFg[/YOUTUBE]

Here's the SR&D Rockman Stereo Chorus/Delay, in the effects loop of the MarkIV.

[YOUTUBE]fzSQo9KEmNI[/YOUTUBE]

And my favourite :love: , the Electro Harmonix Deluxe Electric Mistress. It is situated before the stereo split.

[YOUTUBE]ahh0_HnlVZw[/YOUTUBE]

• Members
Yup- one mic each on the 4x12 cabs, and two for the Jazz Chorus to pick up the stereo.

It is a bit complicated I must say. Still, it is my dream rig!
:)

I take it sound men hate you?

Do you typically use for of the same mics? or mix and match?

Just interested cause I'm hoping to go stereo at some stage.

Does it come across live ok?

• Members

Well I've only just got all this gear together the way I want it, so I'm yet to test it all.

• Members

ok here is both clean & crunch tones, courtesy of just the Electro Harmonix Deluxe Electric Mistress, the MarkIV, and the Stiletto 4x12 cab.

Again I apologise for the camera buzz.

This was from last night. I was knackered when I done it, long day..

[YOUTUBE]NVLzf9xbxzM[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

I see guys post that a lot, but the truth is that the soundman is their to help facilitate making the talent's job easier. True, they often act like god, but they aren't. Mostly they aren't even qualified to turn on my radio.

Stereo and W/D/W come off live GREAT. Take away all the thinking that the sound guy would otherwise need to do and you've got no problem at all, so long as during the sound check everything is at the same levels from each of your stage amps, before you give the signal to the soundman, there should be no confusion.

• Members

I see guys post that a lot, but the truth is that the soundman is their to help facilitate making the talent's job easier. True, they often act like god, but they aren't. Mostly they aren't even qualified to turn on my radio.

Stereo and W/D/W come off live GREAT. Take away all the thinking that the sound guy would otherwise need to do and you've got no problem at all, so long as during the sound check everything is at the same levels from each of your stage amps, before you give the signal to the soundman, there should be no confusion.

In my experience, unless I am working with 'our' soundman, they can barely be bothered with 1 sm57 let alone 4. Some of the most unprofessional and synical people are in house sound techs.

• Members

In my experience, unless I am working with 'our' soundman, they can barely be bothered with 1 sm57 let alone 4. Some of the most unprofessional and synical people are in house sound techs.

I've seen what you're talking about, and am thankful that I no longer deal w/ that level of people anymore. I have been known to remind a soundman that his job is to facilitate the talent's requirements to provide the show-- you know his reason for being employed in the 1st place, and then reminded him that I can do his job, and am happy to-- if he's unqualified.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I enjoyed all the above less "DONK" , nice rig , and yeah mang break us off a lil 46&2 ... Agreed the mistress was favored in my opinion ... But the JC could give a run for the euor too I would imagine ...

What do you mean by "DONK"?

Thanks for the compliments, I appreciate that.

When I get my camera back (or even better, some microphones) yeah I will do 46 & 2.

Archived