NPD---The MXR pedals I just got...nice

Jaymeister

• Members

Picked up a carbon copy and their new classic 108 fuzz. Both are really great pedals. The buffer on the fuzz works like a charm in front of my pic wah.

I think I can live with just these three on the floor for a few days. I added a quick & dirty clip. Both guitar parts are the 108 with a bit of Carbon copy on the lead part.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=426068&songID=7106341

3068616349_03166c92ac_b.jpg

• Members

I sold my MXR Classic 108 to another forumite recently. I miss it. I want it back. I'm getting another. Sigh. I have the CC too, good little pedal. I decided I had to have the Malekko e600dark. WHich is a good pedal, but I think I'm selling it. Mostly because I have the CC if I need analog delay, but my DL8 delay can do analog stuff really well, and I think it's all I need.

• Members

Isn't the buffer on the fuzz designed for the purpose of using it after your wah?

You are right...I'm a creature of habit...I went and set it up like I am used to doing with fuzz. The buffer still sounds great when engaged...makes the fuzz sound fatter and lots of bottom end.

• Members

I have been curious about the 108 for a few months now, as I need a fuzz to match up with the blue RMC4 Pic wah I have on the way.

Happy NPD dude

His new wahs have the fuzz friendly retrofit pre-installed so you should be able to run pretty much any fuzz after that wah. My pic wah is an old one.

• Members

Yes I look forward to hearing what that does for my sound.

The 108 i feel isnt sputtery and loose enough for my tastes in a fuzz. I just traded my 77 Muff for the Pic wah so I will be needing a replacement soon.

Yeah...I would say that the 108 is pretty tight, not sputtery and out of control...on the clean channel. I have a gain channel and if the amp is driving hard, then it gets woolier, but also with more noise.

Archived