Arrange my Effects!

JSRocker

• Members

Ok, so now that I've gotten some more effects, I figured I would ask some folks what they thought was a good order for them. Here's what I've got, in the order I was thinking of.

Schecter Omen 6

Fender Telecaster

into

Korg Pitchblack+

Dunlop Crybaby Wah

Boss CS-3 Compressor

Digitech Bad Monkey Overdrive

Marshall Guv'nor 2 Plus Overdrive (high gain, almost distortion. I use this for HBs)

Digitech Hot Rod Distortion (I use the "RAT" model on this for the tele)

Ernie Ball Volume Jr.

Line 6 Echo Park Delay

into

Vox AC-15cc1

What do you think? Any big flaws with my chain? What are some other options to try, and what sort of outcome would they have? Thanks, I look forward to the feedback.

(edited with correct effect order)

• Members

Order seems about right. I might put the wah first though, that's about the only change I see, given what you have now.

Actually, You're right, I just typed it wrong. I meant to have wah first, then compression.

As for fuzz... not really my thing. If I can get one cheap, I'd get it for kicks, but I only really have one song where fuzz is the sound I'm looking for.

• Members

I agree with gambit on both accounts. That seems like a logical chain to start with, but try the distortions both before and after the wah, as some sound nicer before and others after.

Also, I don't know if you use your dirt effects like this, but if you use more than one at a time, them also try different combinations of those (e.g. do you prefer Bad Monkey into Guv'nor, or the other way around?). Sometimes you can get interesting and unexpected results by doing this.

• Members

I voted yes, but the only thing I might change would be moving the volume pedal before your dirt. In live situations, I like using a volume pedal to adjust the level hitting my pedals instead of using the guitar's volume knob.

Archived