Sonic Maximizers... Whether rack or pedal...

Belt

• Members

i used one (older rackmount 862) as a turd pollisher for my modellers (Vamp and POD) when recording direct

or to playback

it does wonders in that part as its like taking a blanket off hte speaker

however...im my amps it adds way too much digtal/brittleness/fizz

• Members

Got rid of the Sonic Stomp. It was a tone sucker. Even though i was entranced by it for the longest time, after listening to it more attentively, it actually added some unwanted artifacts as someone mentioned, and it also had an effect on the dynamics of my amp. I guess it's a good pedal if you want to make a really crappy rig sound better, but if you have a sweet rig already, it won't make a difference IMO.

• Members

If you want some kind of "Sonic" sound out of your amp, (Siamese Dream, Hum), then you will probably like one. If you don't want this kind of sound... (AC/DC, Hendrix) then don't get one.

Mine is always turned on along with my chorus and (2) vibes. When I turn on the NYC BM I describe the sound as Sonic Fuzz.

The great thing about this pedal though is they sell it a GC. So you can pick one up, try it out, and if you don't like it... Return It.

• Members

I run about a dozen pedals at a time, varying in quality and bypass (some are true bypass, some bufferred, etc). Sonic stomp is sitting at the end of my chain right before the amp and does a great job of ensuring that I have good note to note clarity from my cleans all the way through to really nasty distortion.

Apparently they don't work for everybody, but it works for my rig.

Archived