OT: Any fans of the Japanese band Mono?

MakuseruSukotto

• Members

There have to be a few people here who like them.

They are one of my favorite bands. "Under the Pipal Tree," "You are There," and "Walking Cloud And Deep Red Sky, Flag Fluttered And The Sun Shined" are some of my all time favorite albums from any band.

For those of you who are unfamiliar with them, here's a few videos.

"Lost Snow," from "Walking Cloud And Deep Red Sky, Flag Fluttered And The Sun Shined."

"Halcyon (Beautiful Days)," also from "Walking Cloud And Deep Red Sky, Flag Fluttered And The Sun Shined."

I was just at their Wikipedia page, and apparently they are in the studio right now working on an album set to be released in March of '09.

Mono's new album is in the process of being recorded by Steve Albini and is due for release in March 2009. Temporary Residence will release their album in the US and will be doing the vinyl version of their new record, while Conspiracy will release their new album for Europe.

:thu:

So what do you guys think about Mono?

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

love them. they're one of those bands i can always listen to.

Me too.

Anyone have any recent pedalboard pics? I'm not sure how old that second video is, but here's a crappy snap of the board in it. You can only see Yoda's board though. I really want to see some pictures of Taka's board if anyone has any. :thu:

vlcsnap7935973um2.png

So thats a TU-2, SD-1(I think), DS-1, Rat, Sansamp GT2, DD-3/6(he's tweaking the knob in that picture), RV-3/5, EHX Worm, RC-20. There are two pedals next to the RV-3/5 that i dont know what they are, possibly two more DD-3/5's.

• Members

I love Mono. I was just about to ask for pedalboard pics. I still haven't found the dvd. I may have to order it.

Steve Albini worked with them before on You Are There.. I'm pretty excited to hear he's working on the next one too.

• Members

I love Mono. I was just about to ask for pedalboard pics. I still haven't found the dvd. I may have to order it.

Steve Albini worked with them before on You Are There.. I'm pretty excited to hear he's working on the next one too.

Are you talking about "The Sky Remains the Same as Ever?"

• Members

if you haven't seen mono live, you are REALLY missing out.

i had the pleasure of playing with them and (trying to) talk to them a few years ago. such nice folks.

they had the most dynamic sound i've ever heard; at one point it was so quiet you could literally hear the pick hit the strings, people breathing... 2 or 3 minutes later it was so loud the front row was visibly uncomfortable. amazing musicians. :thu:

Archived